My 26 gal bowfront with Damsel

AJK

Hi,
It's very difficult to take pictures of fish tank using flash. Will post better qaulity pics in future, once I figure out how to take em. My first fowlr tank in progress :)

AJK

Hi everyone,
Thanks so much complimenting my sw tank. Damsel is doing well, still swimming around. The other day, I went and purchased another 10 gal of RO water, to water change/topoff with. Although many use tapwater, I do not feel comfortable using tapwater, I used tap to start the tank but converting over to purified water.

Been searching RO/DI filters, super confused which to purchase, so many out there. If anyone could help, would be awesome !!! Just need one to do water change/top off each week in 26 gal.

More rocks, clean up crew in the future, each time I rearrange rocks, tank get's cloudy.

@Catran - thanks, the overhang does look cool, but also looks unstable. One more large rock at right side of tank should do it.

AJK

Thanks Terry, I'll check it out. Just need somethin for 26 gal right now. My fw tank has been fine on tap for a decade.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
SW is a whole new world LOL! Tap could cause problems with increased algae growth, etc. I'm not pushing you to go with AWI - do a lot of Googling to check out prices, etc. :)

AJK

Thanks Terry, tap is poison to sw. Sooner I get an RO/DI unit, the better. Will save me trips to the store, and lugging jugs around :)

catran

AJK, don't forget, you can use epoxy putty to help with your rockwork too. I used it on a kind of round rock on top of another rock in my tank. It didn't glue it together, but formed a footing to stabilize and support the top rock where it didn't fall. I used the coralline colored putty and you couldn't even see it.

AJK

AJK, I like very much the rockscape and :woohoo: Mr. Damsel is fine and swimming.
Check over at RC Drygoods sale section, you'll probably get good used unit.
Also, Bulkreef Supply sells nice ones, Bulk Aquarium Supplies - Reef Aquarium Supplies | BulkReefSupply.com

Thanks dear friend. So far Damsel is doing quite well :) That's a cool name, Mr. Damsel, Lol !!! Will check section you advised, family said they will help me buy one, but have to wait till July. Well, at least till then, I'll get some decent exercise lugging two 5 gal water bottles around, Lol !!

AJK

@ nanoreef & mcentire - Thanks friends. My first sw tank, all the compliments are so encouraging. One day, I'll convert my 120 gal into a coral reef.

AJK

AJK, don't forget, you can use epoxy putty to help with your rockwork too. I used it on a kind of round rock on top of another rock in my tank. It didn't glue it together, but formed a footing to stabilize and support the top rock where it didn't fall. I used the coralline colored putty and you couldn't even see it.

Hi Catran,
Thanks for info dear friend, so far rock seems stable, but epoxy putty will secure. I keep wanting to re-arrange rocks, but I stir up sand too, so I just leave it alone. If you have any more helpful tips, send em my way.