Mp10 in RSM250

megrim

Gosh the prices in the states are good. I paid $470 AUD for my MP10Wes and that was the cheapest I could find over here!.

I'm wondering if it might be worth the effort for me to buy and ship a second over from America and purchase a plug adapter thingy rather than buying one outright here. Especially with out respective dollars on par at the moment.

Anyone know if that's doable?, or are the States on a completely different current output?. If I can get a US made unit to work here I think I'll still be saving cash even with delivery and adapters to pay for ^_^

steved13

PREMIUM
OK I guess I can do video. 1st attempt not very good but you can see the flow surging the corals

Last edited by a moderator:

alfaman

Hi guys,

I am quite new here but have read since October, I bought two MP10wES which I have installed today in my RSM 250 and I am not getting much of a wave, in fact not even a wave as I could do better with a lolly stick. I tried calling the us customer service and that was an answer machine and have followed the step bt step video on YouTube on how to make a wave, it seems a mp10wes is not powerful to make a wave in our tanks, even two could not manage it, very disappointed and just hope they are faulty.

Perhaps someone here can advise as I have just sent 400 pounds to achieve nothing, these could be going on ebay by this time tomorrow :)

steved13

PREMIUM
Make sure you have them in anti sync and play with the pulse timing...you should be able to get plenty of a "wave" if that's what you are looking for. Also make sure your return pumps aren't breakig up the wave.

I use my Mp10s to get a back and forth motiion in the tank not looking for a surface wave, but I have done it with no problem...plenty of power.

steved13

PREMIUM
I don't know why I never move anything in photobucket just for that reason. I'll check it when I get home tonight.

steved13

PREMIUM
Thanks Juan and Al.

Al, I answered you mp10 post questions. If you have any others let me know I'm happy to help.

The only thing I found chalenging is the flow is nice and broad so it's sometimes hard to find a lower flow area if you need one....kind of a good problem to have though.