Miguel's RSM 250

Snyper19

PREMIUM
We ll I just came back from lfs and they gladly exchange rocks, he offered me to buy the Aiptasia killer but I asked if I could exchange it and they said yes .... So I ended up exchanging rocks...

I know there will be a time when I get more of these things but hopefully not that soon....

Thanks again everyone

Snyper19

PREMIUM
Here is some update, I just finish filling the sump and refugium with water!!! Can't wait until my tank finishes cycling to start adding some corals or clown fish
image-26.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-23.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
[URL=http://s709.photobucket.com/user/scrappy-19/media/image-24.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww98/scrappy-19/image-24.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
[URL=http://s709.photobucket.com/user/scrappy-19/media/image-27.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww98/scrappy-19/image-27.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
image-28.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Looks REALLY GOOD Miguel! I know how that excitement feels, anticipation and a few sleepless nights making plans for a beautiful tank. :D I love the sump, that's an EXTRA that lots of RSM 250 owners don't have. Anxious to see your tank with fish & corals.
This hobby is so exciting! :dance:

Welcome fellow newbie! Keep looking for hitchhikers on your rock. It is surprising to me how many of them can handle the tank's cycle over time. I'm still finding new critters, and I'm 3 weeks down the road.

Love the pics, post new ones when you can.

Snyper19

PREMIUM
Looks REALLY GOOD Miguel! I know how that excitement feels, anticipation and a few sleepless nights making plans for a beautiful tank. :D I love the sump, that's an EXTRA that lots of RSM 250 owners don't have. Anxious to see your tank with fish & corals.
This hobby is so exciting! :dance:

Thanks Diana! I can't wait either.... Just want the cycle to end lol.... All I need is a skimmer.... And a chiller.... And a.... Mmmmm lots of stuff lol

But the skimmer, do you thing the reef octopus in sump nwb110 will be good enough for my tank?

Snyper19

PREMIUM
Well I just found 2 tiny Aiptasia growing in my tank, can't wait to kill these things... Need to go buy Aiptasia X or is there something else I could use, I saw videos of people using a laser and others using lemon juice, does this really work?

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I've successfully used Aiptasia X, just turn off all the pumps and take your time, get him right in the face. Take a look at youtube for videos.

Then there is the Majano Wand (uses electrical current), seems to work well, but it costs more!

Snyper19

PREMIUM
I've successfully used Aiptasia X, just turn off all the pumps and take your time, get him right in the face. Take a look at youtube for videos.

Then there is the Majano Wand (uses electrical current), seems to work well, but it costs more!

Thanks goma, I like the videos of people using Aiptasia X and see how those things implode... I'll do that today before those things multiply

Snyper19

PREMIUM
I just killed these 2 Aiptasia we had in our live rock, it was cool! :) hopefully they don't come back again, I was looking at videos and read that butterfly fish eat these things.... I was just wondering, do butterfly fish also eat corals?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
some butterfly fish do... reef compatible - no

It is not suitable for the reef aquarium, as it enjoys eating stony corals and gorgonian polyps

others are with caution...

Reef Compatible:
Designates whether a species will cause harm to any coral, clam, crustacean or other sessile invertebrate in a reef aquarium. Some species of fish may be prone to consuming or harassing corals or invertebrates such as shrimp, anemones or feather dusters, but are otherwise wonderful reef fish cohabitating well with soft and stony corals. Such species are classified as Reef Compatible "With Caution." All reef aquariums are different in the organisms that they house, and a species that makes a wonderful centerpiece in one reef aquarium may cause havoc in another. Located in the species description is the information explaining the organisms that these fish may harm. Use this information to determine if the species in question is appropriate for your reef aquarium.

Snyper19

PREMIUM
My tank aiptasia free "for the moment", and my new addition "I don't know what its name" but I like it . I notice my sand and one side of the rock is turning brown, this is normal I would guess

image-30.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-29.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Brown sand is part of the normal tank progression, nothing to worry about.

Snyper19

PREMIUM
Hello,

Today I noticed yesterday that the was some water underneath the sump which I thought it was weird but didn't pay much attention to it, today I noticed that there was more and more keep coming out to the point that it went some to the floor .... I believe is the sump but I what I did is cleaned up everything and add towels around the sump.

I tried inspecting the sump but I don't know where the leak is.... I turned off the return pump just to make sure that is not that.... How do I find the leak and how do I seal it....

Please help

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Miguel - if you don't get enough feedback here to help (as many RSM owners don't have sumps) try posting here & best of luck getting it sorted !

General Reef Aquarium Discussion

all I can think of is getting a flashlight & drying everything off, they start checking the fitting & joints top down - they re-seal it.