Miguel's RSM 250

Squatch XXL

I've always loved and used smaller Sterilite plastic tubs for transport. Weight is a factor, but as @Danreef said If they are bagged up, and they have a place to go when they get there, It should be perfectly fine. Never load a container heavier than you can lift. Any time you bag up livestock, make sure there is PLENTY of air space in the bag. Use just enough to cover the coral fish etc, then fill the rest with air.

bluespotjawfish

Welcome to San Antonio! I move my corals from Utah in 2009. I was fortunate to get my new tank started in the new place before the real move. I had a tank, but no bed. The reefers dream, right? The rocks and some of the easier corals drove the 2 days with me (in July). I used coolers and tubs with battery pumps.

I sold a ton of stuff, but kept my key fish like my bluespot pair and picasso and many of my corals at least a piece of them. I shipped by fed ex next day my fish and most of my nicer corals to myself. I flew the same day. The only losses I had were my large acros. I stuffed bags in the bags, to protect them from breaking. Suffocated them. Fortunately, I also shipped the little frags that broke off. They were just tossed in a bag, but made it.

Snyper19

PREMIUM
Oh well i ended up selling everything... :( it was sad but I will be hoping to start a reefer xl or so

I will be here researching other posts on reefers

Thanks for all your support
Mods may close this thread if they need to