Miguel's RSM 250

Snyper19

PREMIUM
Well after looking for a few weeks for a used RSM250... I can gladly say that I found one and bought it....
It's a used RSM 250 with a sump and refugium... Since im pretty much new to this hobby, im not quite sure about whatthe refugium is for....
I will post pictures soon!

The owner of the tank suggested that since the tank is modified , he suggest to get a more powerful skimmer, I'm not sure if its true or not...

Now i have some questions, is it better to buy sand and live rock at a local store or get them online? Local store sells live rock 4 dlls per pound and aragonite sand for about 30-35 per bag

Any help, tips, suggestions?
Please

Thanks... I'm freaking excited and scared lol

Snyper19

PREMIUM
I'm looking at marine depot and I see there is a live sand and dry sand, what is the difference and which one is better? There is a big price difference between these

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Congrats on finding a really awesome tank that even has EXTRAS! :D
I got some sand from on-line and some from the LFS and if I had it to do over I'd get all the CaribSea Dry Special Grade
Most of my sand was way too fine & hard to keep in place (with the reef like currant) but the one that Glenn posted the link for above was great!
Ready to see pictures & posts about your new SW adventure :chair: sittin' back to watch your build :)

Snyper19

PREMIUM
I just came from 2 lfs and they just sell live sand... One store sells them for 30 and another for 27

I still have to go pick up the base and probably get a few bags there....

I'm so excited

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I bought "live sand" for my 1st bags, I just overly excited & didn't want to wait for getting an on-line order. Be sure to check the DATES on he bags for "use by" & don't buy out of date bags. It also should have the grain size on the bags, it very hard to tell how fine it is with liquid in the bag. That's how I wound up with too fine of sand that was hard to keep from blowing around & making deep piles in my lower flow areas.
I know you are EXCITED...this is a very fun hobby full of ANTICIPATION. A real roller coaster ride at times :D
Makes me real excited to read your UPdates, keep 'em coming :D

Snyper19

PREMIUM
I just finished putting my stuff in the living room, I wanted to start connecting it but I have some sump questions so I will call the seller so he can explain me how to plug those things...

I am only missing one hood pin and I was wondering where can I get them....

I took some pictures, need to clean the tank but oh we'll, here they go.... Btw, to clean the glass from inside, do I just use water ? Or can I use some thing else?
image.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Very EXCITING!! :yehoo:
I remember just having the dang thang sitting in my living room unpacked in the box made me :D SMILE :D
I'm thinking you will be really happy that you are leaving room between the tank & the wall. I did, because I could & it's been a good decision. I have my chiller set up behind it, that leaves room in the cabinet if I ever want to add a sump.
All I can say is: I BET YOU ARE GOING TO L:heart:VE getting it running...
.....even tho most of the time it seems to be a HUGE OBSESSION :D

Snyper19

PREMIUM
I tried cleaning it, tried to remove as much white/pink stuff from the back glass as possible, I left the power heads bathing in white vinegar to see if the white stuff gets easier to remove

Snyper19

PREMIUM
It came with different colors(blue, white and pink), I don't know of this is standard of all RSM

image-4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Snyper19

PREMIUM
Snyper19 wow nice setup! I love the SUMP!! where did you get it?! I want one.....

Hello salty23,
This tank I bought it used, it included the sump with return pump and refugium... To be honest since I'm new I didn't want the sump and refugium at the beginning but I've read great things about having a sump and refugium so it's kinda growing on me :laughroll

I could get information from the seller about the sump if you like?

Snyper19

PREMIUM
Hello salty23,
This tank I bought it used, it included the sump with return pump and refugium... To be honest since I'm new I didn't want the sump and refugium at the beginning but I've read great things about having a sump and refugium so it's kinda growing on me :laughroll

I could get information from the seller about the sump if you like?

The seller told me that this is custom made by the owner of a local store... Let me know if you want that information