Miguel's RSM 250

Use the sump. It is much easier to start with the right setup than to have to make changes later. The extra volume can only help.

I have too many devices with Tapatalk!

Snyper19

PREMIUM
Thanks Ian!
I plan on using the sump... I just have some questions on how to connect the return pump and another things I have there remaining... Hopefully by today I can have everything connected so I can start adding sand and water

Snyper19

PREMIUM
Well I just added 60 lbs of live sand, 67 lbs of live rock and water
Hope you like this

image-9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
[URL=http://s709.photobucket.com/user/scrappy-19/media/image-8.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww98/scrappy-19/image-8.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
image-11.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
YAY, You got WATER & a rockscape! Looks good :D
That's progress, now your tank can start the cycle. Much patience is needed...you need to pull up a chair, long wait ahead (but worth it to do it right!) :chair: Are you going to add a raw deli-shrimp or two to feed your cycle?

Snyper19

PREMIUM
YAY, You got WATER & a rockscape! Looks good :D
That's progress, now your tank can start the cycle. Much patience is needed...you need to pull up a chair, long wait ahead (but worth it to do it right!) :chair: Are you going to add a raw deli-shrimp or two to feed your cycle?

Thanks Diana,
I was reading something about this, I'm not sure is it good to add a raw deli-shrimp? or should I just wait ?

Hey there Snyper19,

Congrats on getting your tank filled and getting started on the cycling process. I also am there and I would recommend using the deli shrimp in a net. It really helps to get the cycle jump started. I finally got my Ammonia levels to zero, and am waiting for the Nitrites to drop now for my first water change and adding my CUC. If you take a look at my thread, you will see a bad of shrimp in the front just sitting there, getting rotten. LOL!!!

I know how hard it is to wait and be patient, but if you do what I did, and read through the numerous posts, you will find a lot of good info out there to get you prepared for the new scene after the cycle.

I can't wait to see how this progresses. :lurk:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks Diana,
I was reading something about this, I'm not sure is it good to add a raw deli-shrimp? or should I just wait ?

Deli-shrimp works well....I used 4 total tied in a mesh hose (cut from panty hose) it will still decay over but that makes it easier to take out without a big mess. Might put a rock on it to keep it from floating around. :D

Snyper19

PREMIUM
Not even a complete day and surprise surprise , my wife spotted a red brownish plant that looks like a spider and thru time moved from one place to another, right now is hidden between 2 rocks and also another plant or whatever that might be, is white hopefully you can spot these 2 and tell ,e what they are, I'll try to take better pictures and post them

Please let me know if I need to get rid of these and how

image-14.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image-13.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image-12.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
I personally like the fine sand. I know that it blows around easier, I just like the way it looks in the tank.

JoeCanada11

I can't tell whether it's a tubeworm or aiptasia. The first pics made me think tubeworm but the last couple looked more aiptasia like.

Fshlvr

Hey Miguel, congrats on your new RSM250! You're gonna love it! I'm sure you're already enjoying rock watching :) But yes, patience is a virtue.

I'm also afraid that might be Aiptasia. I got one the first time I attempted this whole salt water thing, and I had to take back that rock to my LFS where I bought it. Not an expert opinion though, but good luck!

Snyper19

PREMIUM
Thanks a lot for your opinion, I've been looking at pictures of Aiptasia and it looks like it is, I will remove the rock and take it back to the lfs....

Thanks again

Snyper19

PREMIUM
I just took it out, as soon as I moved the rock, that thing closed like if it protecting from something.... I'll take it to the lfs and exchange it for another rock or something else...

Thanks again