Maxreefer's Elos System120 build....

MAXreefer

Quick shot to show how nice the coralline starts to grow. There was no LR when I started. Just dry rock.
NO pic manipulation. That's the way it looks

web.jpg

web.jpg

MAXreefer

Today I tried to make a video from the Elos. It is not the greatest but not that bad either.

It seems camcorder and LED's don't like each other that much and the true colors of the corals don't always get captured very well. Therefore I included some cool pics to illustrate how the corals look. Lots of frags in there but I think once they start to grow it will be nice...

Have a peak, turn up those speakers and enjoy... :eek:lsmile:

click on the picture to watch...

MAXreefer

Time for a little update.
There will be a "big" update next week. A fellow reefer who had a stunning tank for many many years decided to leave the hobby and was selling off all his beautiful corals. I was able to get quite a few from frags to colonies. Will pick them up next week and post some pics of course

Otherwise....
I am extremely pleased with the "Elos Purist Line" and my corals seems to like it very much also. I have mainly SPS with some LPS and they all color up very nicely and growth is excellent. Great PE on the SPS also. Being a happy Zeovit user in the past I think the Purist Line is more forgiving and easier to use. My Phosphates are 0 or very close and even when I try to keep fish and corals happy with a lot of feeding never see my Nitrates going over 0.2.

Here are a few new pics:

Tricolor Monti Palawenensis

untitled-448-M.jpg

Neon Green Monti Confusa

untitled-449-M.jpg

Purple Plasma
untitled-442-M.jpg

untitled-444-M.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Tank looks GREAT!! I don't know how I missed your VIDEO but I "Liked" it and even posted a link/share to it from my FB wall :)

Can't wait to see the new goodies! I'm off to research this "Elos Purist Line " for myself.

MAXreefer

Sorry guys for being absent for a while. Been crazy busy with travelling for work.
Here are a few updates:
The tank is running now for about 9 months and doing is better then ever after a big mishap. While I was gone my buddy who takes care of tank while I was gone didn't notice the Alk solution container was empty and Alk dropped way below 7 for at least a week. The SPS got a big hit and some colonies had a big loss of tissue. I could save only a couple very small frags of them but they are coming back in the mean time.

The "Elos Purist Line" I am running since they day one is just amazing. Once you get the feeling for it it is very easy to use. After the initial cost it is not that expensive at all to run once you get to the "maintenance" stage. Running a mixed reef it seems both my SPS and LPS are happy. The SPS have very nice colors and the polyp extension is just great. LPS look full and nicely puffed up and grow very fast. It has been proven to keep my phosphates near undetectable but you have to watch the Nitrates a bit as this system would strip the Nitrates to zero. Therefore I give my fish and corals always "gourmet meals" to keep my Nitrates away from the zero levels.

Here are some recent pics:

From todays "Black Friday Sale":

untitled-500-M.jpg

untitled-499-M.jpg

From our local Frag Swap last week:

untitled-495-M.jpg

untitled-498-M.jpg

Birdsnest I had a big RTN issue with about 6 weeks ago. Fragged a small piece with 3 small branches and has been grown amazing quick since then

untitled-505-M.jpg

This is the leftover from quite a big colony I lost to the RTN issue also. Grows slow but is gaining color again

untitled-513-M.jpg

untitled-506-M.jpg