Let's see some clams!

evad

Here's some of mine. I just took these pics. tonight.

rebelxt007-1.jpg

rebelxt020-1.jpg

rebelxt016.jpg

rebelxt013-1.jpg

rebelxt010-2.jpg

rebelxt009-3.jpg

rebelxt007-3.jpg

rebelxt006-1.jpg

rebelxt005-6.jpg

rebelxt004-4.jpg

twoclowns

are there any side effects of having a glass bottle in your tank? Such as silicate leaching? They look really cool.

Paul B

I thought we were going for clams here. If you want unique, I think I have that. There are many bottles in there. I collected about half of them and the rest I kind of "built" but thats for another post.
Budcanandcopperband.jpg

Twoclowns, some of those bottles have been in there from the sixtees so maybe the leaching takes place after 40 years. I think they are fine.
Paul

mps9506

Twoclowns, some of those bottles have been in there from the sixtees so maybe the leaching takes place after 40 years. I think they are fine.
Paul

And seeing as many of us have glass tanks, silicate leaching is not an issue :)

twoclowns

I understand tanks are made of glass, but things like bottles are made of different grade glass some have higher concentrations of silica then others, thats why I asked the question about silica leaking and algae problems. When and if my 215g tank comes in, I would like to add a bottle to it, it gives it that sunken ship reef feel.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Here are some pics of my Crocea

200709081-1.jpg

A photo taken yesterday that shows the growth rings well
20080102HealthyCrocea.jpg

framerguy

trixieandtheclam.jpg

Here is my crocea. It's the only clam I have at the moment. Trixie (scooter dragonet) had to get in on the action too.