Let's see some clams!

Jason25

Great clams everyone, I hope to someday have the required lighting for these guys. Who would've thought they would be nice to eat and lok at,lol.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Nice Mike! Thanks for posting :)
That is one large Derasa Drew! Breaks my heart to see that birds nest on the sand like that :(

Last edited:

ScubaDrew

They were upright in the sand on the ORA frag plugs... and VERY happy there until the clam decided to take a walk that night. All the nests have been moved up to higher, safer ground, and the clam has found a home under his new light.:snshne:

Lesson learned, don't put corals, or anything else for that matter, between big clams and a new light!

Nice Mike! Thanks for posting :)
That is one large Deresa Drew! Breaks my heart to see that birds nest on the sand like that :(

surfzone

Sweet clams i really want a T. Deresa, but I can't seem to find any in a LFS. does anyone know of a good place online to order them?

michael_cb_125

Here are a few pics of my clams. Unfortunaltley, I have jealous fish. Anytime I break out the camera, they think it is photo shoot time.:)
DSC01408.jpg

DSC01413.jpg

DSC01415.jpg

DSC01370.jpg

michael_cb_125

DSC01360.jpg

DSC01282.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

I dont know why but Jose (BSJF) LOVES my big clam. He will lay in it all day. He has tried to do so in my little clam, but the little guy wants nothong to do with it. Sorry for the poor Photo Quality.

Frankie

RS STAFF
LOL! Cool pictures Michael! The second one is hilarious! Can't get rid of the little bugger huh?

michael_cb_125

I swear I think that he thinks he is a HUMAN Super Model!!!!
He sure does act like one!!
The fith pic down he was liek did you get a good shot of my Backside?

Terri

I love clams but lost him in a month. I have MH and blues its an orbit but i did somthing wrong. someday i,ll read more and try again.

Frankie

RS STAFF
If you like Terri we could try and figure out what it was that went wrong. If you have an established mature aquarium with the proper lighting then i would assume it was a chemical issue that you can work out quickly. Could you post your prams, (ca++ , alk, ph, salinity and temp)?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I love clams but lost him in a month. I have MH and blues its an orbit but i did somthing wrong. someday i,ll read more and try again.

I feel your pain. Just don't give up. Given the right conditions these critters can live a loonngggg time (which means they CAN get big too). Frank hit right on the point there. We can probably figure out relatively accurately what your tank will/wont support and go from there. Hang in there!!

:D

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
Man, Whiskey, those are some big clams!! They're beautiful! What size is your tank?

Barb

Thanks Barb, Love the Purple BTW :)

That tank is a 180G,.. 6 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot. It's my new SPS tank, they all transfered from a 125G about 2 months ago.

Whiskey

caitrina

Well, I looked and looked and I don't have a clam but I found this one wandering around looking lost so I thought I would give him the opportunity to become a star on the clam page. :lol:

INTRODUCING : VICTOR THE CHRISTMAS CLAM!

ChristmasClam.gif

*image by Vdituri*

Frankie

RS STAFF
Great pictures whiskey! That derasa is huge! I think it is my favorite one you have. the tear drop max is sweet also. You already know how much i like the gigas ;)