Let's see some clams!

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
Great pictures whiskey! That derasa is huge! I think it is my favorite one you have. the tear drop max is sweet also. You already know how much i like the gigas ;)

Thanks Frankie! :)

That teardrop Maxima is actually dead :( I got a new clam from IL when I was up there and set it next to the Maxima I had for ~3 years and they both died about 3 weeks later :( No warning,.. nothing,.. one day it had a little pinched mantle, next day dead. I figure it was some sort of bacterial infection I brought into the tank.

Whiskey

Frankie

RS STAFF
Damn! I lost a tear drop like that after having it for over a year. Once i saw it peeling away from the shell i tossed it. :(
I did buy a new max today though :D Pictures up tomorrow!

mps9506

Damn! I lost a tear drop like that after having it for over a year. Once i saw it peeling away from the shell i tossed it. :(
I did buy a new max today though :D Pictures up tomorrow!

Tonight!!! :D

I had the same thing happen to the first and only teardrop I purchased 5 or 6 years ago. When teardrops still cost and arm and a leg... I was ticked to say the least.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I will have them in the morning sometime. I wanted the new max to get acclimated first. Since i added the ca++ reactor there has been some serious signs of growth also on the clams. I will get some shots of the rims also. :)

BarbMazz

Thanks Barb, Love the Purple BTW :)

That tank is a 180G,.. 6 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot. It's my new SPS tank, they all transfered from a 125G about 2 months ago.

Whiskey

You're welcome, Whiskey! This is my color of choice for all message board posting; I don't know why, though!

That is some beautiful tank! I'm GREEN with envy!!

Barb

Frankie

RS STAFF
Sorry boys and girls, I had a bunch of jobs come in and was not able to tinker with the tank and pictures today. At this time of year and the slow down in building, I am very blessed to have as much work as i do coming in! I nailed 3 new jobs today alone! The way my gigas will be growing i need all the money i can get for the future upgrade!

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
You're welcome, Whiskey! This is my color of choice for all message board posting; I don't know why, though!

That is some beautiful tank! I'm GREEN with envy!!

Barb

Lol,.. You may not know why,.. but it's cool anyway! :)

Thanks Barb! You'll get there,.. don't worry :) Just takes time and research.
Whiskey

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
Sorry boys and girls, I had a bunch of jobs come in and was not able to tinker with the tank and pictures today. At this time of year and the slow down in building, I am very blessed to have as much work as i do coming in! I nailed 3 new jobs today alone! The way my gigas will be growing i need all the money i can get for the future upgrade!

Good luck getting the work out! :) Right now my place is the same way,.. normally were slow this time of year too, but this year look out!

I'll be checking back,
Whiskey

ScubaDrew

Here is a purdy one.

IMG_2369.jpg

BarbMazz

Oh my GOSH, Drew!! The colors on that first blue, and then the GREEN...Oh, I LOVE that green!

How long do I have to wait for a clam after I get my reef set up... like a YEAR?!?! ACK! :drool:

ScubaDrew

haha thanks!!

I hear ya, it is a good thing I've been spending more time at the store than at home with my own tank, other wise I'd take that green one AND the tear drop HOME with me! :whstlr:

Oh my GOSH, Drew!! The colors on that first blue, and then the GREEN...Oh, I LOVE that green!

How long do I have to wait for a clam after I get my reef set up... like a YEAR?!?! ACK! :drool:

Frankie

RS STAFF
Here are a few top downs. The first one is my new guy.

Attachments

• 000_1951_edited (Custom).jpg
    000_1951_edited (Custom).jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 331
  • 000_1957 (Custom).jpg
    000_1957 (Custom).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 330
  • 000_1958_edited (Custom).jpg
    000_1958_edited (Custom).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 331