Lethals RSM 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallie

Gday Leigh,

Your rigth Regal tangs are almost guaranteed to introduce ich to the tank. Yellow tangs are a better choice imo. Have you looked at sailfin tangs?

http://www.grizzlyrun.com/Files/Images/Image_Gallery/sailfin_tang_pic.jpg

The sixline will most likley make an expensive meal of you peps, and I agree with Dweezil that they can get aggressive like most wrasses.

Coral beauty is a great choice for a reef tank.

Flame hawkfish are beautiful but again like shrimp for dinner :smack:

Cheers

Tim

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thanks Tammy and Tim.

Looks like I should stay away from the Regal even though they are stunning.

Tim - Does Ernie have much in the way of fish at the moment? Thinking of coming down soon for a sticky. Got another voucher for my birthday that's burning a hole in my pocket.

hallie

Happy birthday mate.

Ernie gets most of is fish/coral in on Thursday nights. So I would visit Friday or as early as possible on a Saturday. If you give him your email eddress he emails you everythign he gets in. I just got this a few hours ago:

Gday all,
just finished unpacking heaps of stuff for you all, theres some really nice featherduster worms in different colours and heaps of new fish in stock
see you all soon

sml yellow tangs
black ribbon eel
watanabi angel pr
blunthead wrasse
sml orange shoulder tang
bristletooth tangs
red neon wrasses
leopard wrasses
lightning wrasses
sml picasso trigger
flame hawkfish
heralds angels
pygmy angels
wido blennys
banded sleeper gobys
scotts wrasses
greenspot puffers
sml flame angels
bicolor blennys
sml regal angel
longnose butterflys
sml copperbands
skunk clowns
lge lawnmower blennys
pineapple fish
sixline wrasses
sml foxfaces
bicolor angels
redbreasted wrasse
red neon wrasses
xlg fuscus trigger
lyretail hawks
hifin butterflys
australian dottybacks (amazing colours)
sml and med blue tangs
tankbred angustus seahorses
tankbred pipefish
bicolor anthias
birdnose wrasse female
med niger triggers
flame angels
goldstripe maroon clowns
longnose hawkfish
brown clown prs
sml harlequin tuskfish
sml pacific sailfin tangs
arceye hawkfish
yellow coral gobys
kleins butterflys
tank bred clowns
cleaner wrasses
no chromis!!

corals,live rock and inverts including
med magnifica anemone
multi colored featherdusters
sml hermit crabs
heaps of acropora and monti
bubbletips anemones
crispa anemones
gigantea anemone
lge carpet anemones
peppermint shrimp
multi colored fluro scolymia
lots of assorted acanthastreas
lots of softies
fluro multicolored open brain corals
lots of duncanopsamia daisy corals
assorted bright zoanthids
fluro green frogspawn
fluro green torch
fluro green yellow tipped torch
red and green lobos
green fungia
red eye brain corals
chalice
squamosa clams
maxima clams
trochus snails
blue stars
med crispa anemones
lots of assorted leather corals
purple based fluro green bubbletips
green and purple elegance coral
sml duncanopsamia daisy
urchins
zebra trochus snails
and lots more

Lotsa good stuff there.

Cheers Tim

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
139.gif

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I have a small Sailfin Tang and it's been very peaceful. There are 2 types of Sailfin - Zebrasoma veliferum and Z. desjardini. The Z. veliferum is often considered peaceful, and the desjardini as more aggressive. Other than being a fish that will get too big in my tank I was concerned about tangs being ich magnets, but I was lucky I guess.

Coral Beauty or any of the dwarf angels are a potential coral nipper, but it seems like most often they aren't. My Flame angel never bothered coral.

My Flame Hawkfish has been a model citizen and bothers none of my shrimp or anything else. I think as long as the shrimp are in the tank before the fish, and the shrimp are big, the chances of the hawk going after the shrimp are really decreased.

Every fish is different though, just like people. :)

Happy Birthday Leigh!

lethal

Thanks everyone. Another year passes hey?

Tim - thanks for the list. It looks like he has some good stuff at the moment. I just hope my wallet is fat enough.

Terry - thanks for the advice on the fish. I'd never thought of the sailfin but I will have to check them out. Interesting to know that your Flame Hawkfish doesn't bother your shrimps. Knowing my luck I would get a nasty one. Is it best to add fish like wrasses and hawkfish last?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Leigh - I'm not sure about wrasses, but concerning the hawkfish and shrimp I've read that having the shrimp (larger varieties) in first is the best method. I'm not sure that would work for the tiny shrimp varieties like Sexy Shrimp (Thor amboinensis) - those are so small in the size they're often sold (1/4-1/2 inch, 6-12 mm) that they would make a tasty treat for many fish!

lethal

I'm still researching my next fish:coffee2: Has anybody had any experience with Foxfaces? I know they are poisonous but was wondering how people who have them get along.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Leigh - I've had small Foxfaces (one spot species) twice and think they're a great fish. I mysteriously lost each one after a thorough algae/coralline scraping. I think stress was the factor as they were both fine up to that point. One jammed himself into the rocks in a place he couldn't escape, and the other just perished within a couple hours of scraping. Beautiful fish, and very peaceful. I just had to be careful as they were always the first up at my feeding ring, and they do pack a pretty good wallop if you get stung by the spines in the fins (based on the 2 days of pain received by someone in my local reef club). It was never a problem when I had my arm in the tank, as they would go hide behind the rock. Excellent algae eaters, and would eat anything I put in the tank. I'd still like to get another, but not after losing 2 due to what seemed to be stress. In a 250 they'd have a lot more room, and stress may not be the factor it was in a 130. I highly recommend them as a peaceful fish.

lethal

I went to the LFS yesterday and made a few more purchases. After doing lots of reading and advice (thanks Terry) I bought a beautiful Foxface. After I put him in he changed colour dramatically (which I expected) but then he went back to his original colours and started swimming everywhere and looked really happy. A while later I put in a couple of corals and some more cuc and then he went really blotchy and hid behind a rock. I was really concerned but didn't know what to do so went to bed. Got up this morning and bingo, he was swimming abouit happily with full colours. So relieved.

I also bought a Scooter Blenny. I'd planned on a Lawnmower but this guy really appealed. The LFS owner said that he would eat anything but after I got home and did some research I found out that he is related to the dragonet which I know are hard to feed. Should I be concerned and does anyone have any tips?

I will try to post some pics tonight of my new additions.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Leigh - the Foxface will get that brown mottle color when stressed or frightened, or when sleeping. I could barely see mine at night, even when he was sleeping right in front of me - the brown mottled color is excellent camouflage! Beautiful fish - I really miss mine. BTW - if you notice he has dull looking eyes they all do - not to worry!

Scooters can be as tough as Mandarins, but most seem to get them to take other foods more easily than Mandarins. Yours may be fine - fish often don't eat for a day or more till they get used to the tank.

lethal

Terry - thanks for that. I haven't noticed his dull eyes yet but I haven't seen him with the light on yet. I'll have a good look when I get home from work.

Anthony - cheers mate. I was tempted to get a Niger Trigger after seeing yours but the LFS guy scared me off him. He seemed to think that they were destructive. How do you find him?

Nowellsy SNR

My Nigger Trigger has been no problem what so ever great fish no problems what so ever he's been in my tank since June

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I also bought a Scooter Blenny. I'd planned on a Lawnmower but this guy really appealed. The LFS owner said that he would eat anything but after I got home and did some research I found out that he is related to the dragonet which I know are hard to feed. Should I be concerned and does anyone have any tips?

My Scooter Blenny eats everything from day one - no training - looking forward to pics - love thier puppy dog faces :)

Status
Not open for further replies.