Kyle's RSM 250

tnwillia

Hey Klye, yes, I have an SWC cone, Jeff said he could build the sump to fit the SWC footprint (or most any other sump skimmer) if I wanted it but I decided to get his skimmer he designed the sump around to start with. So far I love it, it was very easy to plumb cause I'd already cut out the holes in my center wall when I put the Fuge in. I also went back to my LR RSM Nano Prefilter in the left chamber for the overflow. The skimmer was pulling nasty crap out of my tank in 2 days at or better than the skim from the SWC. It still does not match the ER skimmer but I got tired of replacing Impellers every couple of months on it.

This is it, the last change I make to the Sump/Fuge/Skimmer for my 250 and I'm going very very happy I did it! Good luck how ever you go!

kyley

Thanks Tom. Sounds like it's working well for you! My biggest concern with his venturi skimmers is they take high power pumps. I'm trying to be a bit more green and also keep the temps down in my tank without too much chilling... Take care,
--Kyle

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Great to see you back on the forums Kyle. I hope you and your family had an awesome Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

kyley

:D Thanks guys. I'm trying to get back into it. My boss has me traveling to our CA offices every other week for the first 3 months of this year - ugh :( I'm going to try to get out of much of that, but hoping I'll have some time in the many evenings on the road to catch up on the forums a bit. I've got some pics and taken some videos I plan to post soon. Things are really progressing in the tank - and perhaps of greatest note:

My tank turned 1 year old on 12/18! :)

BTW, I think my Emerald Crab has been attacking my Crocea Clam. Take care,
--Kyle

kyley

I got the tank 2 little Nassarius snails, heh heh - guess I was stingy. :) And I introduced our new Kole Tang last night (had been in QT about 2 full months!). Take care,
--Kyle