Kyle's RSM 250

Marlon904

Hi Kyle, just wanted to give a shout out, love the thread. I also have a green Clown and he hides in the rocks all the time, for the first month in my DT I did not see him and know I only see him because a moved some rocks around and he has made his home in a more visible location. I think they were born to be anti-social.

JimmyJ

Hey Kyle - just catching up on your thread and sorry to hear about your loss :( Hopefully things are looking up now.

kyley

Hi All,
Thanks Jimmy. Everything's going great in the tank. :) I just haven't had time to post here and probably won't for awhile (work is to blame)... I have a replacement Kole Tang doing great in the QT. Cyano is all gone, no algae, corals are looking great (including some newer SPS frags). With the new lights, many of my corals have really colored up nicely (Red Planet Acro looks great (reds and greens) for example). I'm using 3 ATI Aquablue Special, 2 ATI Blue Plus, and 1 ATI Purple Plus. Next step with the tank is getting a sump / fuge going - just haven't had time...

Sorry guys, I hope to get back into the swing of things with this forum - just difficult to do right now. I hope everybody's doing great though, and really miss chatting with you! In my very limited spare time I'm working on a DVD video compilation of the first 7 years of my son's life for Christmas gifts for the family... Take care,
--Kyle

redsea reefer

Hey Kyle,

Good to hear everything doing great!

I'm using 3 ATI Aquablue Special, 2 ATI Blue Plus, and 1 ATI Purple Plus.

This is the same bulb combo I plan on using for the new tank. Would you please take an FTS showing the color so I can have an idea of what it looks like. Thanks!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Great to see you check in! This sounds like a nice project - "DVD video compilation of the first 7 years of my son's life for Christmas gifts for the family..."

kyley

Hi All,
Eddie, I'll try to post a FTS when I get a chance... Unfortunately I don't think the photos show the real look with these lights well for some reason.

Great to hear from all of you. I'll get back into the swing of things at some point!

Tom, thanks for keeping an eye out for me. I may end up getting one more like that as bright yellow seems pretty hard to find. Take care,
--Kyle

hollywood1310

hey kyle

I just got a RSM250 and noticed you researched Chiller, Sump, and Refugium all in the Accessory Connector.... did you have any luck with that?

kyley

Hi Hollywood,
Welcome! I ended up just attaching a chiller to the accessory port. I'm planning to add a sump / fuge, but will do it through an overflow where the water cooling fans are instead of trying to run a few items through the accessory port. Tom (above) was very helpful with this - most know more than me about plumbing for sure!

Tom, I just saw your barnacle blennys in your other thread - those guys are cool looking with those red eyes! Nice fish - never heard of them before.

BTW, planning to do a real update soon... Things are going great in the tank right now though. Only issue is my crocea clam has been looking a bit sickly for some reason, but might be starting to turn around. Take care,
--Kyle

tnwillia

Hey Klye, The Blennys are only on sale now and then (no one has them today) these are just babys with max length of 2" full grown. I got Jeff's Sump & Skimmer to complete his RSM250 Sump/Fuge package if your still thinking about it and want to see it set up. Have a great new year!

kyley

Cool Tom! I'll have to check it out! How do you like it so far? I'm planning on going that direction (his sump / fuge), but planning to get a different skimmer. Didn't you have an SWC Cone? Do you like his skimmer better?

I'm interested in the new ATI cone skimmer, but sounds like it will be pricey and taking forever to be released... Take care,
--Kyle