Kman's Red Sea 250

pablomay28

Get it. It will chill ur water faster. My 1/4hp does it in 15 min. Make sure you have the right amount of water flow through the chiller. Usually the stronger the chiller the higher amount of waterflow you need. In regards to the skimmer i would break it in the way you plan on running it.

Last edited:

Kman237

Get it. It will chill ur water faster. My 1/4hp does it in 15 min. Make sure you have the right amount of water flow through the chiller. Usually the stronger the chiller the higher amount of waterflow you need. In regards to the skimmer i would break it in the way you plan on running it.

Awesome, will do! Thanks Pablo.

pablomay28

Some people might say that a fast cool down might shock corals or fish but I have not had any issues with going from 80.5-81 down to 78 in 15 min. I have been to Australia and Cancun and while swimming in the reefs you feel drastic changes in temp in the water and the fish and corals are fine.

Kman237

Thanks Pablo makes since to me. As I recall I remember feeling this same thing last time I went diving.
my Tunze USA 3155.000 Automatic Top off Osmolator should be here today. I'm excited to hook it up!

pablomay28

Thanks Pablo makes since to me. As I recall I remember feeling this same thing last time I went diving.
my Tunze USA 3155.000 Automatic Top off Osmolator should be here today. I'm excited to hook it up!
I have the nano version and it works perfectly fine. Before the sump i had the float on the side glass and the hose feeding directly into where the skimmer is at. The skimmer needs a constant water level to function properly

Kman237

I have the nano version and it works perfectly fine. Before the sump i had the float on the side glass and the hose feeding directly into where the skimmer is at. The skimmer needs a constant water level to function properly

Perfect and by side glass you mean where the left pump is (If you were facing the tank directly).

Kman237

OK, the lady and I have been talking over adding a new fish to the tank. LOL.... I keep telling her we are fully stocked. I told her I would post about it and get some opinions.

I think the tank is stocked! but please give me your opinion.
The Fish I have now are....
2 snowflake clowns
1 diamond goby
1 six line wrasse
1 Christmas wrasse.
1 Lawnmower blenny
1 Fire/blood shrimp
1 peppermint shrimp
2 crabs (emerald and porcelain)

with about 50 pounds of live rock. I believe the Christmas Wrasse will be the biggest fish i have at adult age?

The only mods on the tank are a different skimmer which is currently breaking in and a auto top off.

Kman237

It's always a subjective subject... overstocking, imo husbandry skills & weekly wc & maintenance play a large part - for a 66 gallon tank, I don't think you are max stocked, but getting closer... see what others think

Thank you, i was saying the same thing. More maintenance....
Again, thanks everyone I will discuss with her and let you know if we decide to add one more fish.

Kman237

I Got the auto top off installed tonight. Took some pics to share. I will upload them tomorrow when I'm on my computer.

Question - the pump has kicked on due to the level dropping but I noticed no water coming from the water line. The pump just runs and runs. I can't seem to figure it out. I jammed the black tube into the cap that fits into the side of the pump. Has anyone else had this problem???

I did not cut the black water line to fit. I just left it the same length it came. Maybe I need to cut the extra slack?

pablomay28

I Got the auto top off installed tonight. Took some pics to share. I will upload them tomorrow when I'm on my computer.

Question - the pump has kicked on due to the level dropping but I noticed no water coming from the water line. The pump just runs and runs. I can't seem to figure it out. I jammed the black tube into the cap that fits into the side of the pump. Has anyone else had this problem???

I did not cut the black water line to fit. I just left it the same length it came. Maybe I need to cut the extra slack?

It has done that to me also. Make sure you but the black hose in correctly. Once you are sure you have done that make it run. The have a safety that if they run for a while they will automatically stop. If this happens just disconnect the power cable then start it up again until you get it to send water.If it still doesnt pump try lifting the pump then lowering it in the water sometimes that helps.
Let me know if it works.

Kman237

Update -

I was able to get the water to come out of the water line. Its struggling to. I had to open the box on the controller and turn up the dosing power as they call it. Tonight I am going to cut the black line (water line) to fit perfectly. As of now i have way to much line and I think that's causing the pump to struggle pushing the water out. The pump is having to push the water through a lot of line that's not needed.

I took some pictures they aren't the best but I wanted to share. The Install took me about 1 hour about 35-45 minutes of the install was understanding which way to set it up and how to read the instructions lol. The instruction are not very clear...... Right now i have ATO setup on the right side chamber. I want to set it up in the skimmer chamber as pablomay28 stated. This will take me a little tweaking.

Attachments

• tank1.jpg
    tank1.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 30
  • tank 2.jpg
    tank 2.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 28
  • tank 3.jpg
    tank 3.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Tank 4.jpg
    Tank 4.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Tank 6.jpg
    Tank 6.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 31
  • tank 7.jpg
    tank 7.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 30

Kman237

2nd update - The skimmer seems to be breaking in a bit. Starting to produce some good skim. I will add the 2nd pump this weekend. Here are a few pics from when I installed the Skimmer.

The skimmer fits right in and you can close the chamber no problem! I haven't had to adjust the skimmer much even through the process of breaking it in.

Attachments

• Skimmer 1.jpg
    Skimmer 1.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 27
  • Skimmer 2.jpg
    Skimmer 2.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Skimmer 3.jpg
    Skimmer 3.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Skimmer 4.jpg
    Skimmer 4.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 26

Kman237

Hello everyone! I am back with a question about lighting. When I bought my tank the previous owner told me to replace the bulbs in 4-5 months. I think in about a month maybe sooner I will do this. What lighting do you recommend. I have a lot of coral and a bubble tip anemone. If I need to list all the coral I can just let me know.

As of now the lighting that's in the tank is the following
3 of Red Sea Reef Spec 34 inch BlueWhite 15000K 39W T5 HO Fluorescent Lamp
2 of Red Sea Reef Spec 34 inch Actinic 22000K 39W T5 HO Fluorescent Lamp
1 Red Sea Reef Spec 34 inch Pink 39W T5 HO Fluorescent Lamp

Should I order the same bulbs? Im looking to make my corals as happy as I can

Thanks in Advance - Kman