Kangkan's RSM S 500 Journey

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Trouble is the lower nutrients (the goal of zeo) will cause stn with the alk being so high. As wrangy says it needs to be between 6.5 & 8 . HTH

orieng

Trouble is the lower nutrients (the goal of zeo) will cause stn with the alk being so high. As wrangy says it needs to be between 6.5 & 8 . HTH

What do I dose to lower the Alk? Can I dose anything to achieve my desired Alk level?

orieng

our latest family member

efa69b729154602ee80f3aeef4f3cf94_zps6222343f.jpg

32a622f4529d25390f6f803668715b99_zpsf8a5667f.jpg

orieng

Hi everybody , Time for a update. I have added a few fishes in the meantime and tank is doing great. Another great thing is that I got my zeovit filter today. It took nearly a month from Hongkong to Guwahati and the wait was excruciating . However all the pieces of my Zeovit puzzle is in place and I go Zeovit from tomorrow . Will keep you all posted of the happenings in my tank. Thanks for reading.

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Wow fantastic news. I'm so looking forward to seeing how you get along with zeo. I think the stuff is amazing and can confidently feel you will to.
Today is a good day in Guwahati :)

orieng

Ohh yeah.. Indeed a good day. And as per your advice I have switched my salt from Red Sea Coral Pro to the Red Sea Salt. Did two 200 litre water changes in the last 10 days with the new salt and Alk is on the way down. Will do a final test tomorrow before the start. Thanks for the wishes mate.:clink:

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Awesome news! :D can't wait to see how you go with it all mate! I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun getting it up and running and then it'll just be a matter of watching everything improve.
Bit jealous you got all of your stuff first and I'm still here waiting haha best of luck though mate :)

orieng

Thank you guys for your encouragement . My reef is basically a mixed reef as corals are hard to come by here in my place. I will be putting my attention to stocking with SPS corals as soon as I can get my tank stabilised with the zeovit system. @ Wrangy it is ok to be jealous. :yup:I was also so jealous after looking at the equipment in MrSalts tanks. It was such a hassle for me to get the zeovit filter as the one guy who sells zeovit stuff here in India only had the KZ zeo filter which incidentally wouldn't fit in my RSM 500's sump.

orieng

The installation of the zeovit reactor was quite easy. I have hooked up the pump to a timer for a 3 hour on/off schedule for the first four weeks. However the reactor from Fish Street is quite small. Even though it was supposed to hold 1.5 L of zeovit I could only fit about 900 ml in the cylinder. It also doesn't come with a one way valve and the water comes down when the pump is off. I will have to buy a one way valve today so that the water stays in the zeo column when the pumps is shut off. I also dosed the Zeobak and zeostart in front of the pump. I am also quite surprised with the recommended dosing amounts for my tank. It seems t hat the amount of supplements to be put in is quite puny compared to the volume of water. @ Mrsalt , need inputs from you to fine tune my system.. Thanks

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
What amounts are you using? It should be just over double what I use :)
I'll be using about 400-500ml of stones
200ml of zeo carbon
0.2ml of Start twice daily
2 drops of Bak 3 times a week after the intial loading
And food I'll be playing around with a little bit in the beginning :)

I also dose 2 drops of sponge power, coral snow 2.5-3ml and 2 drops of coral vitalizer every second day and 2 drops of bio-mate twice a week :)
I'm also adding 1ml of acropower every day as an amino supplement :)

orieng

What amounts are you using? It should be just over double what I use :)
I'll be using about 400-500ml of stones
200ml of zeo carbon
0.2ml of Start twice daily
2 drops of Bak 3 times a week after the intial loading
And food I'll be playing around with a little bit in the beginning :)

I also dose 2 drops of sponge power, coral snow 2.5-3ml and 2 drops of coral vitalizer every second day and 2 drops of bio-mate twice a week :)
I'm also adding 1ml of acropower every day as an amino supplement :)

I am using 1 L of zeovit, 4 drops of Zeobak and Zeostart .4 ml x 2 times daily. I have 500 ml of KZ carbon in my sump. I don't have any other supplements available at this moment simply because it was not available with my supplier. My guys is expecting a consignment shortly and than I will stock up with my supplements. I am also not too happy with the FSH zeo reactor. While pumping the reactor some of the smaller zeolites escaped through the outflow pipe. I think I will have to start my hunt for a vertex reactor once again. I wonder if any of the online sites from UK will ship to India. Maybe Mrsalt can help me find one please.. :)

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Hi guys, fantastic job of getting it up and running. I have attached a pic of my dosing regime.

uduhe9e3.jpg

As you can see I'm using no where near as much as you think with zeo start 3 as I've found that 0.5 ml a day is enough to do its job of lowering po4 without it creating ideal conditions/food for cyano.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Sounds good Orieng :) With the FS reactor a mate of mine that has it as well said to put the small stones into a seperate bag in the reactor so they don't go everywhere :) But if you're not happy then definitely get something you're happier with!! :)

I love the sheet Alan! What a great idea, I have dosing days on my calendar but having a further breakdown would even better, I'll have to work it out when I get my supps haha