Kangkan's RSM S 500 Journey

orieng

Thank you Wrangy for understanding the frustration part of this hobby. I should get some fishes soon and will post some pics when I get them in the tank. In the meantime did my weekly cleaning and water change today . Tank is spotless now and all my existing corals and fishes doing good. Time for a FTS soon

Diemaker

Do you have the same problem ordering equipment for your tank or is it only livestock?

Sent from my space ship

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Awesome can't wait to see the pics and a new FTS :yup: Grouse hearing that everyone is doing so well :)

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Come on orieng pics please as at this rate Ill get pictures of my FTS up before you, and I'm the slowest on the forum heehee.

orieng

My skimmer is giving me stable foam now. I think I may have just got the trick in adjusting . Only thing I see that my skim mate is not very dark in colour. I am going to stick around with the CSkim for a couple of more months. And @Mrsalt, I am going to take some decent FTS and will post as soon as it is done.

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
High mate how's it going? Glad you managed to dial in the skimmer, I think the skimate is. Mixture of how wet you skim and also the type of organic waste in the water. Mine changes skimate colour from time time without adjustment only through dosing some coral food or liquid feed.

orieng

Hi Mr Salt, everything is fine with my tank. I have a update .. I added three fishes today. One red ruby dragonet aka red scooter blenny, one Lamarck angel and one Splendid Dottyback. The dragonet is indeed very colourful but tiny. And the FTS is still some days away.

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Nice additions orieng.

Glad you got the skimmer sorted, I happen to think they are very capable skimmers once set right, but many give up trying.

Looking forward to the upcoming pics ;)

orieng

A pic of my frogspawn. I have had this coral for 4 years now and have fragged it many times.

dd3a5740685b9a220d62efd2ad6bd148_zps3d806459.jpg

Another pic of a leather I have. Can anyone tell me the name? This has grown so big and grows fast too.

IMG_1195_zpsa0536abe.jpg

Choff

No idea on the leather, but that's is sweet froggy.

Not sure how I missed your thread, but I'm all caught up now.

...stupid auto correct

orieng

New tank completed 3 months today. Spent the entire morning cleaning the tank and sump. Also cleaned out the 3 circulation pumps and the return pump as well. Also re arranged the scape so as to make a lot of tunnels for the fishes to swim through.

Pic of tank before rescape

13922259a4e9b0d8eac027c76b80d76b_zps58c24b16.jpg

Pic of the new scape

476f5112fec7a4ba5c835a0c7d36a602_zps79dcc387.jpg

c4c2fbafafffbb9bcdf0e2dc82500687_zps8cb38ccb.jpg

yorkieUK

PREMIUM
Your tank is looking fantastic Orieng. You should be proud of it!

New tank completed 3 months today. Spent the entire morning cleaning the tank and sump. Also cleaned out the 3 circulation pumps and the return pump as well. Also re arranged the scape so as to make a lot of tunnels for the fishes to swim through.

Pic of tank before rescape

13922259a4e9b0d8eac027c76b80d76b_zps58c24b16.jpg

Pic of the new scape

476f5112fec7a4ba5c835a0c7d36a602_zps79dcc387.jpg

c4c2fbafafffbb9bcdf0e2dc82500687_zps8cb38ccb.jpg

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Wow orieng, tank looks great mate. Love the new scape too. You kept me waiting :) but well worth waiting for. :)

Choff

It's almost like you took the photo with a color filter on.

What is the orange/yellow fish with a white stripe? That a sunburst anthias? I like it. I'm on the lookout for fish to add to my tank.

...stupid auto correct