Kangkan's RSM S 500 Journey

Choff

No fighting with your other pair of clowns? Usually 1 clown or a mated pair per tank.

...stupid auto correct

orieng

All my clowns get along nicely. It was a whimsical buy at my LFS and the skunk is a cool fish. I have 3 clowns, 1 yellow tang, 1 Lamarck angel, 1 mandarin and a pair of cardinals and lastly a blue damsel in my tank. I will add few more in the coming days if I can get hold of any. Getting livestock and dry goods is a big pita here.

Choff

Sweet, love the Lamarck too.

That damsel looked small. If y ever get the chance you may want to get him out. They can get crazy aggressive.

...stupid auto correct

orieng

Here is a pic of my tank just after dosing Prodibio Reef Booster.mit takes about 5 hours for the tank to clear. I would like to know if anybody is using the Prodibio system and with what result. Thanks

6ee48ba7440a0cd3cc47ba91bd9f41b3_zps087d30b8.jpg

orieng

Update time. A lot has been happening since my last update. Added a few fishes e.g I male anthers, 4 female anthias, a regal tang, a couple of bangai cardinal, 2 cleaner shrimps, half a dozen peppermints to eat my aipstasia , a scooter blenny and a few corals to my tank. All water tests are good. I am having a problem in determining my phosphate using my red sea kit as the light green color i get doesn't match any of the colors in the color wheel of the kit. Any other member having a similar issue. Here is a couple of pics of my tank taken by iPhone this morning.

FTS

From The Side

A Few More

Another FTS

My Plate

Unhappy Lobo

orieng

I always take it slow. I had shifted my stuff from my 3 year old RSM 250 and the new tank is nearly six months old. hence I believe my tank is quite " old and mature".. Glad you liked my pictures

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
Your tank looks absolutely stunning.
You've got a ton of corals.

Last edited:

orieng

Thank you all for your kind comments..waiting to start zeovit as soon as my reactor arrives. Maybe I will have better colours than.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
If you're starting up zeo, definitely needs to be lower, 6.5-7.5dKH :) but till then keep it up if you'd like :)

orieng

I can't lower my Alk. It is always high. I use Red Sea coral pro salt and I am not dosing any calcium or Alk additives. What can be the reason for high Alk ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
It's the salt itself, coral pro has alk up at about 10-11dKH. Normal red sea salt is better for zeo :)

orieng

I have three 22 kg buckets of RCP with me and I will start zeo with RCP. Only after that I will try for another salt which has less Alk .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk