Juan's Picotope 3G tank journey

jpsika08

Thanks Steve and Tom:

Steve, for the corals I was thinking of some Rics, Candy Cane, mushrooms blue/red and maybe some different colored polyp, still some way to go, but I will be planning my stocking list, got any suggestions?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Stripes is a nice addition! Looks like a 9 watt 50/50 light on those tanks? Mushrooms and zoas would be ideal for that.

jpsika08

Thanks Terry,
Yes, 50/50 Blue and Actinic light. Zoas is not a bad idea, and easy to maintain. I think I will try with those first.

I'm thinking on using a Ecoxotic PAR38 light, but, wouldn't it be too much for this tank?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi Juan - I'm really not sure if that Ecoxotic would be too much light or not. Possibly. Are you talking about the Ecoxotic fixture or a strip?

kyley

Coming along nicely Juan! Making this a softy tank might be a good idea - less demanding of light and also a little more tolerant of water quality swings than LPS and especially SPS. Take care,
--Kyle

jpsika08

Thank you Kdavies! :)

Thanks Kyle, I think I will place in my Green Leather coral to be the first one of it's class, I hope light will be sufficient.

jpsika08

Well, decided today to begin modding my Picotope,

1. Brought in the Rio Mini Sun led lights, pretty cool, you can basically position them whichever way you want, even the leds body can rotate 360 degrees.

bfcdd3b4.jpg

I'll try to take a picture of them in action.

2. Aquaclear 70 mod for Fuge/Sump :D
After reading many reefers do it in other threads I decided I to build my own (This is not my idea nor I take credit of developing it, this was the idea of some professional which felt the need to share).

The Aquaclear 70 kit:
37c77b98.jpg

61c2a167.jpg

304f76a9.jpg

10f42235.jpg

c1aec4fb.jpg

ae5420a0.jpg

f2ca062d.jpg

43473f3a.jpg

f9149b93.jpg

c91821f9.jpg

16f7afba.jpg

2954785d.jpg

This is as far as I have gotten, need to let the silicon dry up, I will be putting on chamber 1 (Left side where water flows in, some ChemiPure Elite, on Chamber 2 Middle section I will put in the heater and maybe some Phosphate remover filter floss and on the right chamber I was thinking of putting this baby
21op6J-FZhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Amazon.com: AquaticLife Internal Mini Protein Skimmer 115: Kitchen & Dining

This last one with some chateo for filtering.

I will post pics of the sump once it's in action!

jpsika08

Thanks Terry, the vase will be on it's way, as well as all my thing because my wife would sure kick me out of the house with all the tanks LOL

Shamus

Nice mod - I remember seeing that somewhere else, but now I know exactly where to find it if the reef bug catches me like it has you Juan!

Shamus

I don't think RS has a problem with posts to other forums (could be wrong) - I've done it before to provide info to someone. Another thing I love about RS - if the info is out there, get it to those who are asking, even if it's not 'home grown'. The goal is to be successful and happy at reefing and RS definitely supports that!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I don't think RS has a problem with posts to other forums (could be wrong) - I've done it before to provide info to someone. Another thing I love about RS - if the info is out there, get it to those who are asking, even if it's not 'home grown'. The goal is to be successful and happy at reefing and RS definitely supports that!

Unlike some other forums that auto-block links to other forums, or can get you a warning or a ban for doing so. I usually try to avoid links to other forums, but at times it's the only way to get the needed information. I've never had a problem doing it on RS, and I think that in the true spirit of information sharing it's a necessity at times. It's been one of the things that puts Reef Sanctuary a step above many other forums.

jpsika08

The Diatom era...

75b72137.jpg

This little Turbo ain't working so hard, so it's time to put in the Mexican Turbo!