Juan's 85 Gal Mantis Lair

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Next next has me confused. The last weekend of the month is a Michigan trip. Then Mexico for a week. These kids slow down travel. Sorry Juan about the hijack.

.............I'm feeling salty.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cool new shrimp Juan ! I looked for him a bunch for an id, to no avail - did learn there are some 350 variations of mantis shrimp :)

Built347

I did alittle looking too Juan.. here's the best link I could find.. I looked through all of them without finding exactly yours but I do know I want more mantis's now.. :)

www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/arthropoda/crustacea/malacostraca/eumalacostraca/royslist

jpsika08

LOL, thanks guys, I think I'm giving Enzo away to a friend who has a better setup for him.
In the last couple of days he has been trying eagerly to go into Rock-A-Feller's side, if he manages to succeed, he will get smashed for sure.

So, no more Enzo, he will be happier in a place where the substrate is Mud-type from where he is and it is surrounded by Mangrove under natural light. :)

dmatt88

I saw that one coming. Probably a good call buddy. So what's going in its place?

lethal

That's a bummer Juan. Make sure you take plenty of pics for posterity. Did you ever find out what type he was?

jpsika08

I saw that one coming. Probably a good call buddy. So what's going in its place?

Thanks Matt, I still don't know, I can always place a good Acrylic to divide the tank (Or Glass) and just have a top overflow between, and would end up with a nice 40 ish free tank to put anything in there, suggestions?

That's a bummer Juan. Make sure you take plenty of pics for posterity. Did you ever find out what type he was?

Thanks Leigh I even have a nice video of him I will try posting tomorrow, no, still no one know what type it is. (X-Files music here). :D

jpsika08

I wanted to show my friend's fuge where Enzo will lando, which is on the outside with natural sunlight, mangrove, lots of polyps in there (And you should see the colonies that have grown under this light), deep substrate and lots of life in there.

Enzo will be a happy dude:
IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg