John 'whippetguy' RSM 250

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Great news! After a few months, my little male clown, Fred, has found the anemone and now guards it like a hawk. He even chases Ethyl away who usually pushes him around the tank. I shot a video of my tank since it's been a while. It's with my iphone but I'm too lazy to do one otherwise.
[video=youtube;FZypHRbfuNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZypHRbfuNs&feature=share&list=ULFZypHRbfuNs[/video]

mtk

Grat's.
My clowns took to my duncan. It's cool watching them go through the duncan and just poking out to see whats going on

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Here's an updated video of my refugium. My little crabs are still living large. As you can tell it's time to trim the chaeto.

[video=youtube_share;c1VUSpeaB80]http://youtu.be/c1VUSpeaB80[/video]

steved13

PREMIUM
Nice fuge...until you panned up I was thinking "what's he talking about ther's hardly any chateo in there" then at about a minute in I saw the green wooly sky

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
are starry blennies similar to dragonets as far as diet goes? Can anyone give me some background on care and info on them really quickly?

Not at all. There main diet is algae, but eats flakes, nori, all the frozen food I use as well. Easy to keep and fun to watch.

Sent from John's Tapatalk

Choff

Awesome!

See, i don't need to see things like this. I just about have all my parts to start the actual build of my new sump and FT setup and now I want a fuge. :D Way cool!

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I love the tank and fuge, where did you get that red algae in the fuge? do you have to do anything special to keep it.

The red algae that you see in the video is red turf algae. I wouldn't introduce in to your tank if you don't have it. It's a pain when in the display tank because the only thing that even comes close to eating it are Mexican turbo snails and most people don't like them because they are so big. You don't really have to do anything special to get it to grow. If you want red algae in your fuge, I'd get red gracillaria or reg grape algae, both very pretty and easy to grow.

landshark

Thanks for the info, I just like the way it looks in you tank, but if you say it's a pain I will take your suggestion to get some red gracillaria or reg grape algae my fuge is just full of green.