John 'whippetguy' RSM 250

eitallent

Hi! :wave:

I really enjoyed your pictures and videos. Your fish and corals looks so good, healthy, colorful and thriving. I also like your refugium, full of life and growing.

Those Radioctive Dragon Eye frags look superior! I have quite a few that have grown and spread. When I have tried to frag Zoas I butcher them. Poor things.

What local club did you host? I live about 40 minutes from Little Rock.

This newbie thanks you for sharing your tank and your knowledge.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hi! :wave:

I really enjoyed your pictures and videos. Your fish and corals looks so good, healthy, colorful and thriving. I also like your refugium, full of life and growing.

Those Radioctive Dragon Eye frags look superior! I have quite a few that have grown and spread. When I have tried to frag Zoas I butcher them. Poor things.

What local club did you host? I live about 40 minutes from Little Rock.

This newbie thanks you for sharing your tank and your knowledge.

Hi there, Thanks for the nice comments. The club is Razorback Reef Marine Aquarium Society. We meet every 3rd Saturday of the month at different homes or LFS usually in the central Arkansas area but occasionally a bit further away. We'd love to have you join us. Usually everyone leaves with a nice free frag at our meetings as well.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Latest tank video with new combo of lights taken with iphone so it's not perfect.
[video=youtube_share;oaUWUsU-mLk]http://youtu.be/oaUWUsU-mLk[/video]

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
So cool the dropcam :yup: Your tank looks wonderful and awesome colours under those blues :)

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
So cool the dropcam :yup: Your tank looks wonderful and awesome colours under those blues :)

that's my LED moonlight strip. It's a little brighter than some of the fish prefer for the night so it will switch off at midnight and then back on at 7am. I still have the stock moonlights on the rest of the time.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
that's my LED moonlight strip. It's a little brighter than some of the fish prefer for the night so it will switch off at midnight and then back on at 7am. I still have the stock moonlights on the rest of the time.

They give the tank a great glow! :)

Hey John you added that drop cam for yourself or just to entertain everyone here:)
its actually a good choice if you go on travel a lot and dont have ppl access to your house at all, at least you can see whats happening to the tank anywhere anytime huh

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
"Hey John you added that drop cam for yourself or just to entertain everyone here?
its actually a good choice if you go on travel a lot and dont have ppl access to your house at all, at least you can see whats happening to the tank anywhere anytime hu
h "

Hey Michael, I actually use it a lot to monitor my tanks or my dogs when I'm away or at work.

"Do I have to download an app to see this? I'm very interested in getting one of these cause I miss my tank so much when I'm at work Humm, I'm not techie enough to set it up & working, that's what I'm thinking.
I haven't got to see how yours works yet...will check back later
."

Hey Diana, You dont' have to download an app, but some phones don't show the streaming video, just a blank screen. It's better to view on a computer, anyway to get the details. It's super easy to hook up. If you have a wifi network in your home, just turn on the camera and type in your password to your wifi on the dropcam site. Then place the camera anywhere that you have an electrical outlet. It's really that easy. It's easy to view your own camera on your phone with the dropcam app, too

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I watched your tank for a little while from the PC @work today...that dropcam is really cool! :)
I think I need to get one :D

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Diana has inspired me to look for a sick scoly and try to nurse it back. I've had my eye on a receding scoly for over a month at my LFS. I just didn't want to spend what it would take for a healthy scoly purchase. I made an offer a month ago to no avail. Yesterday, I finally got it for half price. Here's a couple of photos. Hopefully, I'll do as good a job as DianaKay has done with hers. It already looks better in my tank than it did in theirs.

null_zps9b91c166.jpg

null_zpsfdc5c5f2.jpg