JJ's BIG - 125 gallon Upgrade

catran

Yankieman, where in Illinois are you?

JJ, did you get the ATO set up yet?
Maybe I'll set mine up on the Frag Tank. I lose around 6g a week due to the fan.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
No I didn't get it set up yet, I'm still about 10 gallons short from filling up the tank. So tonight I should be able to have it full and fire up the pump then I can work on the ATO.

catran

Good luck with it. I didn't get mine done, I was organizing all my fish stuff this weekend. Caught a pic of Kay's cabinet and was so shamed that I had to clean and organize mine! It wasn't dirty, just a lot of stuff in a little space. Can't wait to build my 4' stand for the RSM250!

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Ok sump is up and working. I have come to realize I have overdone it on the pump. If I open it wide open it gurgles to all get out but when I crank it back it's fine. I'm a little po'd but that's ok.

catran

Sumps up! Cool, well, at least you didn't buy something that wasn't strong enough. Then you'd really be po'd. :)

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
OMG the tank looks terrible! I just took the dumped a full skimmer of crap into the new tank. I then cleaned all the slime build up from the cup right in the new tank (and yes there was a lot of slime). The tank is now all murky with slimy green crap rolling around the bottom. That along with the shrimp should get this tank cooking though. Tested the water and everything is still at 0.

Worked on the ATO tonight. I've been running the sump since last night and haven't seen a drop in water level and I run without a top. Turned the lights on when I got home too but the level hasn't dropped yet. Waiting for the silicone to dry but the ATO should be ready to go tomorrow. The JBJ unit I got is very easy to set up. I'm also thinking it could be a good thing to use mounted upside down to prevent an overfill, flood situation as well. I'm keeping this idea in the back of my mind. I've tried to set this system to prevent this kind of thing of as the say an ounce of prevention....

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I've read of a few that have turned the one JBJ sensor unpside down to use it prevent an overflow. I think BigAl07 had done that.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Quick update, gonna fill up the ATO tonight but looks good. Total drop in the return section of the sump in 24 hours was 1/4" but I'm still not running lights unless I'm home. Basically we are at a waiting game now, letting this thing cycle. Shrimp has been added a couple days ago and two loads of skimmate and scum from the other tank and a few rocks from the other tank. I'm going to throw in some sand from the other tank as well but I don't want to disturb that too much. Took a couple of pics of our waiting game going on here now.

Couple pics of the rock work (rock came from reefcleaners):
tnk31.jpg

tnk32.jpg

And here are a few frags waiting for the new tank. The palys are going to a friend on here but the rest will make their home in the new tank once it is ready.
tnk33.jpg

tnk34.jpg

tnk35.jpg

yankieman

Looking great as you have told me we love pics LOL ,, looks like im about a couple weeks behind you maybe a month ,,

catran

Nice frags :) I'm glad Terry said that about the float sensor upside down. I think I'm going with Mode A example 2 and turn my float upside down to be sure it doesn't flood me out of the bedroom! Thanks Terry!

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
As of the night before last the water numbers are still sitting at 0 but since then I've added more skimmate. I'll check again tonight and see if this thing is cooking yet.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Well today I got a little package from FedEx of some "invisible" corals. I ran home did a quick drip and placed them on the frag rack and ran back to work. Everything was a little grumpy when I left but just look at these babies now. The new ones are the two zoas and the pair of rics. They really like the new digs and I really want to thank my new friend for such a great experience!

tnk37.jpg

tnk38.jpg

tnk39.jpg