Jimmy's 130D Setup

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
What made you switch to the MP20 I see in your list of equipment?

I wanted to get away from flow that was always in the same direction. That supposedly isn't the best for corals, which is one reason I added the Hydor Flo early in the game - to mix things up a bit. When I saw my first post of an MP20 in a 130 in another forum, I was sold on it, and the addiction overruled my brain and I ordered one. Expensive, but I've never been sorry that I got one. I still have the Hydor Flo going too, and that mixes up the current in the tank even more.

JimmyJ

Thanks Terry and Glenn.

Just added the MP10 to my cart :) on marinedepot. They have it for the same price as that eBay listing

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
You'll probably get a better price at Salty Supply than TB Aquatics or that Ebay price - if you click on the "best price guarantee" button and fill it out you'll get a code emailed back that will save you some $$$. It worked for me, on the MP20, and I got a lower price than I could find anywhere else. MP10 link:

Ecotech Marine Vortech MP10 Propeller Pump

Hopefully I'm not too late (free shipping too)

Ebay is often not the best deal!

JimmyJ

You'll probably get a better price at Salty Supply than TB Aquatics or that Ebay price - if you click on the "best price guarantee" button and fill it out you'll get a code emailed back that will save you some $$$. It worked for me, on the MP20, and I got a lower price than I could find anywhere else. MP10 link:

Ecotech Marine Vortech MP10 Propeller Pump

Hopefully I'm not too late (free shipping too)

Ebay is often not the best deal!

Nope, not to late. I am just getting everything together and looking for the best prices before I make the final purchase. Everywhere I look for the MP10 it's the same price, $194.99. Thanks for the heads up though on the best price feature of that site.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Patience may save you a few bucks. I'm not sure if you'll get the code immediately or have to wait till they open tomorrow.

Edit - just sent my request - got a statement that a sales rep. will review and email me. May have to wait till tomorrow. Try it. If you're not in a super rush hold off on the Marine Depot order.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Terry - if you click on user feedback & look at what others bought & see how much they paid on ebay, you can see what "best offers" they excepted in the past... I saw where Brain excepted $174 for an MP10 not sure what anyone else is selling them for... he is also a RS sponsor.

JimmyJ

Patience may save you a few bucks. I'm not sure if you'll get the code immediately or have to wait till they open tomorrow.

Edit - just sent my request - got a statement that a sales rep. will review and email me. May have to wait till tomorrow. Try it. If you're not in a super rush hold off on the Marine Depot order.

Just sent mine in as well. We will see what the come back with. I will let you know what they say.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good point Glenn. Jimmy - you could try the "Make Offer" on the Ebay link and see what you get back. A lot of places will do some dealing, especially in this economy.

JimmyJ

Terry - if you click on user feedback & look at what others bought & see how much they paid on ebay, you can see what "best offers" they excepted in the past... I saw where Brain excepted $174 for an MP10 not sure what anyone else is selling them for... he is also a RS sponsor.

Wow!! thanks, I missed seeing that he will take offers for them as well. I submitted an offer, we will see what happens. Everyone has them for right around $195.

Dweezil

No matter what price you end up getting, I can almost promise you'll love it.
That's definitely one purchase I have never regretted.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Yep $195 seems to be the popular going price. Let us know what offers you get back. I just tried Amazon.com - often a good price, but they're at the $195 too.

JimmyJ

Yep $195 seems to be the popular going price. Let us know what offers you get back. I just tried Amazon.com - often a good price, but they're at the $195 too.

Well after an offer and a few counter offers, the final offer I got from tbaquatics on eBay was $185. I will wait to see if I get anything better from Salty Supply.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I can't remember the depth of the heater chamber, but based on the depth of the tank I'm guessing 15" may fit. I just run a 150W Stealth. It also depends on the diameter of the heater too.

$185 not a bad price, but you may as well see what you get back from Salty Supply - I'm guessing the same price, but time will tell. Hey - if nothing else you can save at least $10 - not bad at all!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Salty Supply free shipping also, over $175. Still no reply on my request for best price, but it's probably too early.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
just fyi - tbaquatics offer free shipping on everything over $100

I have always heard good things about Salty Supply too, another very good solid company !

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Jimmy - just got my price from Salty Supply - listed price. Both TB & SS have free shipping so go with the TB Aquatics offer on Ebay - unless you can find anything better. :)

Both good outfits and I've been happy with purchases from both, Save the $10.

JimmyJ

Thanks Terry and Glenn for all your help. Just purchased my MP10 from TB. Can't wait to get eveything going. Now just waiting to hear back from LFS to see if he can beat the price for the 130D online. :fingerx: