JET's new Bangkok 230g tank

Jetbkk

Yeah, it is a nice fish --- only out for about 8 hours a day max, and the rest of the time under the sand. When it is out, it isn't shy at all and it swimming all over the tank eating things off the live rock. Mine also eats pellet food as well which is how it survived 2 months in a hospital tank. Everything I've read says they are difficult fish, so maybe I'm just lucky with this one though.

I have a lot of fish in different QT tanks now just waiting to pass their health checks and go to the DT: A 3-4" Sohol Tang, a 4" Purple Tang, 6 Cariberryi Anthias, 5 Disbar Anthias (the next fish that will go in the DT), and a bunch of new Wrasses including an Exquisite, Hovens, Solon, Yellow Fin Fairy, and Carpenter's Flasher.

Haaileybop

I have a lot of fish in different QT tanks now just waiting to pass their health checks and go to the DT: A 3-4" Sohol Tang, a 4" Purple Tang, 6 Cariberryi Anthias, 5 Disbar Anthias (the next fish that will go in the DT), and a bunch of new Wrasses including an Exquisite, Hovens, Solon, Yellow Fin Fairy, and Carpenter's Flasher.

Can you take a picture of your QT setup? And I want pictures to see all your new fishes :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jetbkk

I will take some photos in the morning. It is a bit difficult to get good shots of the fish because those tanks don't have lights, but I'll try.

I had 6 Disbar Anthias that my friend kept in a coral tank with no other fish for 2 months, and they went in my DT this evening.

And I have a QT tank with the Sohol, Purple Tang and 6 Cariberryi Anthias and then another tank (was my hospital tank previously). That tank is all Wrasses -- Exquisite, Hovens, Solon, Yellow Fin Fairy, and Carpenter's Flasher. I know I shouldn't have that many in each QT tank but I had the opportunity to tag along on a wholesale shipment so had to go for it (most of the fish I have are very rarely available over here).

Jetbkk

I forgot to mention that the Tang tank is 2 weeks into QT and Wrasse tank 5 days. After each reaches 30 days the fish will go into the DT assuming all is well.

Jetbkk

Here's a short video of my Disbar Anthias after 2 months in QT and 1 day after being added to my fallow DT. Watch it in HD 1080p!

[video=youtube_share;Apt9VYsLmV4]http://youtu.be/Apt9VYsLmV4?hd=1[/video]

Jetbkk

5 months..

Oct15.jpg

Oct15_2.jpg

ed84g

Your aquarium uis amazing!! I love to colours.

My mrs told me that if i was to start with this hobby then everything has to be bright colours... I now have something to aspire too. Im hoping to get to looking something like this one day :)

Haaileybop

WoW I cannot believe that it's only been five months. What a ride! Keep up the good work. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jetbkk

Here are some photos of a nice tabling Acropora that I picked up yesterday. It is local from Thailand (about 3 hours away from Bangkok), and the price said BUY ME!

Any guesses as to what variety of Acropora it is?

Acro2.jpg

Acro-1.jpg

Acro3.jpg

Jetbkk

Not a great morning. I don't know who quarantine is more stressful on --- the fish or ME!

This morning my 3" Sohol died. It had refused to eat for a long time and it was clear that it was just withering away. It had been scratching a lot as well and there were white marks on its sides. It did NOT look like Ich, however. Luckily the Purple Tang who is in the same QT tank is looking really good -- eating, swimming, alert, no discoloration.

The other piece of bad news is that my Exquisite Wrasse jumped out of the other QT tank last night. That QT tank is covered except for a 2" space near the skimmer, and sure enough he managed to jump right out of it. It just goes to show you can never be too careful with Wrasses. It isn't a question of if they will jump, but when!

That big green acro that I bought last week starting dying on one corner the day after I bought it -- obviously related to its collection or treatment in the shop. So I cut off that part of the acro and the rest is looking quite good with lots of polyps out. I hope it stays that way.

Today I am picking up a Red Head Wrasse (Halichoeres Rubricephalus) that is just in from Indonesia, so that is the one bit of positive news. I've never seen this fish in any shops here I'm happy to get my hands on one.

Jetbkk

Yesterday I picked up a nice Red Head Wrasse, that is almost 5" long. I was also lucky that some Exquisite Wrasses came in that day so I replaced the one that died and the colors are even nicer on the new one. There was also an a really nice looking Blue-Sided Wrasse so I grabbed that as well. Here are some photos from today.

This is the Red Head Wrasse, which is quite difficult to find around here. Sorry for the poor photo but my QT tank has no lights so it is really tough to get a clear shot. The fish was eating right away and it is very active all day before diving under the sand in the late afternoon. It isn't shy at all, unlike the Exquisite which has been hiding since I bought it.

Red-Head.jpg

Here is a shot of the Acropora after cutting off the dying portion. It is now 2 pieces but seems like what remains is healthy.

Acro_cut.jpg

And here is a shot from the top of the tank while we were changing some water today. It looks like a water color painting to me..

Top.jpg

I'm heading to Singapore tomorrow and will try to visit a coral farm there if I can squeeze it in.

Stretch

Has been struck by the ban stick
I do believe I like those acans more than any I've ever seen! Gorgeous colony!