JET's new Bangkok 230g tank

Jetbkk

I believe it is only 25g --- 30" (L) x 13" (W) x 15" (H). I'm sure the shipping from Bangkok to the US would cost more than the price of the tank! Things like this are quite cheap here and it is easy to custom make things. Also any equipment from China -- like Reef Octopus and Bubble Magus is quite cheap. Anything from the States or Europe costs a fortune (the tax rate is real high).

Jetbkk

Opps.... I just bought a Mystery Wrasse. Got the call that 1 came in and since I've wanted one for a long time and they are hard to find here I bought it. It is a big one (about 4" and costs $90) Now I need to decide how to manage my QT!!! I need to finish cycling it and I had planned to buy a Sohol Tang in 10 days...change of plans! For now it is in a shop on hold for me to come pick up.

Oh and Matt -- that red Nem has not come out of the rocks yet. It is so deep inside that there is no way I'll be able to get it out of there. Do you really think it will come out on its own?

Stretch

Has been struck by the ban stick
I definitely think it will come out sometime or another. It's going to want some light at some point...

Jetbkk

This is the Mystery Wrasse I just bought. It is being held by the LFS until my QT finishes cycling. I hope I can bring it home next weekend!

[video=youtube_share;jVhsVHQlV_0]http://youtu.be/jVhsVHQlV_0[/video]

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Sure is a curious little dude too! Any way to get food by the Nems hiding spot to lure him out.

..........its 5:00 somewhere

Jetbkk

My rose nem is on the move again. Now he's popped out near the top of the tank. It is still hard to get him though, as he's wedged down in the rocks..

adyryty4.jpg

Tokalosh

Don't you just love it when they go walk about?

Don't stress it will find a place it likes and settle down, this may take some time.
I have managed to keep mine in one place by making sure that it is always fed on a regular basis, if you want it to move then stop feeding it.

Hope this works for you.

Tok

Jetbkk

Yeah these nems have minds of their own, don't they? I'm glad to see he is moving because I feel more confident that he'll come out at some point now. My green LTA is the exact opposite. This one parked itself in the perfect hole in a rock, has doubled in size and isn't going anywhere. My plan was to swap out the green and replace with the red, but he isn't having any of that! So for now I've got 2 nems..

LTA2.jpg

Jetbkk

The funny thing is, I have 6 clams and that one is the cheapest (plus I actually got it for free). It is local, from Thailand, whereas my others are from Vietnam.

Jetbkk

The red nem is still on the move.. look where he popped out this morning.. We moved a coral out of the way in the hope that he will move up to the empty space. Let's see!

Nem.jpg

tommyboynj

Nice wrasse. I love the wrasses. They are all so active. Very clever fish. I had a lubbucks wrasse (until he jumped) that would pick up snails and move them to my frag rack!

Jetbkk

What's worse than paying $100 for a nice Mystery Wrasse? ... paying $100 and having it jump out of the tank and dying the day before you planned to pick it up from the LFS and put it in your QT. This crap is REALLY testing my patience. :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: