Jeremy0322's 55 gallon build

Jeremy0322

Sadly, I wouldnt have the slightest idea about how to help you with that one :( And dont feel bad about being a thread jacker, i do it ALL the time haha

nikkipigtails

Hey Jeremy...I didn't mean that he has a cabinet for his skimmer, but a cabinet next to his tank that looks like it's part of his stand. Kind of like a utility closet. Let me see if I can find a pic.

Jeremy0322

picture time!!!

CIMG5167.jpg

CIMG5166.jpg

CIMG5165.jpg

CIMG5164.jpg

CIMG5163.jpg

CIMG5162.jpg

CIMG5158.jpg

Jeremy0322

Got the frag tank light today, Everything Works and packing was insanely nice, with the way it was marked anyone who dropped it needed to be beaten and then stabbed because i think fragile and "do not DROP" was on the outside maybe 50 times, NO JOKE! Few questions, i know you have to change light bulbs out on lights but are the actinics the same way, i am assuming yes but i dont know the answer and it doesnt hurt to ask. Also, how hard is it to pull the moon lights out of a Current USA PC fixture, i am going to pull the ones from the new unit and use them for the one on my 55 just because i think it will look nice.

Jeremy0322

Answers to the questions a few posts ago by me are still needed, but i figured I would slap a few more pics of the new light since i love new toys and others do too!

CIMG5172.jpg

CIMG5173.jpg

And a few questions about the setup. I know I could go the way everyone else does and just run it bare bottom with no rock or anything, just eggcrate, but is there really a specific reason for that? I was thinking about doing a yellowhead jawfish, just a random passing thought i had, and when i got home saw the minimum tank size was a 10 gallon. I know they need alot of sand but would i really be setting any frags on the floor of a frag tank using PC lighting anyways? I am just looking for a way to make a good functional frag tank that also has a somewhat natural look to it i guess. I dont know if it has been done, but im curious. And i have also liked jawfish but didnt want 5 inches of sand in my DT, so this seems like a decent alternative, but like i said, i have not done a whole lot of research into this yet. Just throwing ideas around.

Mya

Thats a massive rock with a big ol' hole in it man!

You're tank is looking very nice Jeremy. You have much to be proud of. You know I am useless when it comes to questions so I wont be answering any of those for you.

yungreefer2410

not sure if a jawfish would work in there. i think that people go no sandbeds so they can get more flow. but i don't think you need to worry about high flow since you can only support some lps and softies. i would get the sexy shrimp and some harqulin shrimp...man those guys are awesome

Jeremy0322

The magnetic frag thing took like 20 minutes and was 10 bucks, it does its job for the time being. And the 10 gallon isnt a new tank, its actually my QT tank that I had laying around, i think i may go find something just a tad bit longer to run the light on, like a 15 long. It will give me 5 more gallons in the second tank(frag tank) and add another 4 inches of length so The light will match perfectly with the tank, plus that gives me an excuse to go just a little bit bigger hahaha