Jeremy0322's 55 gallon build

Mya

It's Christmas! What ya'll doing talking fishies?

Haha, Im talking about stealing one of my dads tiny tanks right now to possibly make a frag tank... =]

Happy Holidays!

plecosword

and by the way, 65 doesn't look so great with white sand and it will also increase algae growth! I talk from experience!.

Jeremy0322

Well I have decided im doing a standard bare bottom egg crate frag tank so im not too worried about it, im just going to spend the money it would have cost to set that tank up on my display, seems like the best move right now.

new reefer 03

Well I have decided im doing a standard bare bottom egg crate frag tank so im not too worried about it, im just going to spend the money it would have cost to set that tank up on my display, seems like the best move right now.

:tears: i was looking forward to watching the corals growth

i hope to see some more zoos in your DT soon :)
where did you get your frags? they looked awesome.

Jeremy0322

About half the frags will stay in the DT, and the other ones will travel over to the frag tank, and then ill be finding sweet ones for the DT. The way that I have my tank set up though does not offer a ton of space for corals, so i have to be picky with what i keep in the main tank :tears:

Jeremy0322

College students and expensive upgrades dont mix :cursin: :cursin: It will be a while before I can make the upgrade. I have been contemplating rescaping my tank, but i dont really know how to go about doing that, so it may have to wait a little bit. Plus I need a new heater for the bmw, which will cost a butt ton of money making it even harder to get anything new for a little atleast. :(

Jeremy0322

I have had the lights on my current tank sonce about april or may of this year, not really sure of the exact date. I have run into a bit of a problem, i can either get new bulbs or the pump to run my new skimmer, but i dont think i can manage both :( Do you think it would be safe to let the bulbs run for a few more months, or is it time for a chance. Im not sure about the lifespan of PC's i have heard people say 6 months and i have heard people say 18 months, so i figured i would get some opinions before i bought anything.

yungreefer2410

usually about six to eight months. i know about the lack of money. i plan on scaping my 55 with 2 "piles" of rock on either side with caves and ledges...we'll see how that turns out

new reefer 03

i just changed my lights, they were nearing 15ish months. my corals still grew, and were pleased with them. i would go with the pump.
my corals may be happier with the new bulbs, but they were happy with the old 1s.

Reddog170

I have been following along just not commenting. You did an awesome job with the 'scape and you even got the fish trained to pose for ya, Great work looking forward to what is yet to come, Shaun

bratyboy2

okay well i have looked at this thread everytime it comes up and finally have found the pics. i read a post of yours that said the way you scaped the tank you can do alot of corals...i dont see what you see. its a nice vally design that has alot of room for spreading out alot of corals. man i would go crazy on that tank.

new reefer 03

The way that I have my tank set up though does not offer a ton of space for corals. :tears:

its not your scape, its the dang tank! i wish i had a 75g, just for the density.

honestly if i didnt read you have a 55, i would have thought it was a 75+, i mean to get so much rock in there, and it look good it must be some dense rock, and hard work!:drooool:

plecosword

I kinda agree, I regret getting my 55g, its so frikin tall and not wide enough.
jeremy your tank looks awesome though! I like the aquascape, specially the huge rock on the right.

Jeremy0322

My next tank will be atleast twice this wide and hopefully not as tall. I love the look of "shallow" tanks that are really deep. There should be more pictures to come, hoping that i find stuff at the LFS which i deem worthy of adding. I am just so picky adding stuff to the tank.