January '08 Photo Contest

Melanie

Although this isn't the best picture, I love this little monti the most because it was a gift from Dentoid. I could only post one pic for the contest, but I'll show you guys how much it has grown!

9/29/07

001-1-1.jpg

11/16/07
051-1.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Mel, If you cropped that picture just right it would look awesome!

I sure wish i could get in on this one. I was just taking clam shots and got some top downs of my monti's to show off a bit ;)

Attachments

• 000_1961_edited (Custom).jpg
    000_1961_edited (Custom).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 000_1962_edited (Custom).jpg
    000_1962_edited (Custom).jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 106

Snappy

Do you have any suggestions? I'm looking at it and don't see a good crop...

Melanie, I hope you don't mind me taking liberties with your picture I am just trying to help.
What about tweeking it a bit like this. I tried to make it a little less washed out to show more of the natural colour and cropped out the cyano and the surrounding area to bring all the focus on the coral. What do you think?
melanie.jpg

Emg

Just thought I would post a comparison of what my digi was when I first got it...and how it's grown since...

Before:
montipora-digi.gif

as it is now:
DSC02384-600.gif

The first pic came out better, that's why I used that one for the contest...

Some wonderful montipora being shown here ! It's going to be hard to decide when it comes time to vote !

lcstorc

I can't enter this one. :(
Great pics everybody. Makes me think I should try growing them again now that the tank is more stable.

althea2you

Melanie, I hope you don't mind me taking liberties with your picture I am just trying to help.
What about tweeking it a bit like this. I tried to make it a little less washed out to show more of the natural colour and cropped out the cyano and the surrounding area to bring all the focus on the coral. What do you think?
melanie.jpg

cyano? i dont see any cyano!!!?...

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
That's the magic of digital photography. Did you see the big pimple on J. Lo.'s last photo shoot?

Melanie

melanie.jpg

That looks really nice and no, I definitely don't mind you cropping it to make it look better.

Althea, you're right, the red "stuff" to the left isn't cyano, it's a maroon encrusting sponge. I had a battle with a little cyano about a month or two ago but it didn't last long (thank goodness!)