Intermittently RS pages are being slow to respond..

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Not sure if this is related but I just got a virus attack on my work computer.......haven't gotten one in a real long time.

And i didn't get any info.....they lock that stuff down.

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
I thought the whole site was down... Couldnt get any connection on phone app, browser or pc browser between about 4is am est to 830-9ish am est.

....Salt Creep Is Everywhere!....

FWIW, I've been getting asked if I want to navigate away from pages. Then states I can only post every fifteen seconds, but my post has already been made (something trying to making me post twice although I only click once). This is also an intermittent issue and probably non related...

ReefLady

Staff member
Working on it guys, we have been doing some optimizing and also ran a virus scan that hopefully knocked out the bad guys for good.

Doesn't seem to have helped so far but just know we're working on it.

Thanks!

sk8rdn

Travis, would this lag also cause forum runner to return null responses as well? Possibly from timing out?

dmatt88

One things for sure. Tapatalk is sssssllllllloooooooowwwwww

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

ChrisY

Yeah, I have been noticing it for the last couple days.... Browser says waiting for response from www.reefsanctuary.com and sits there and then some of the links fly by for putting up google-analytics etc, so it could be held up by waiting on data from a 3rd party, ad server or something.

Just my $.02

jpsika08

Every page is slow, going back to the homepage is normal, even posting is delayed.

Thanks for the support Travis.

sk8rdn

jpsika08 said:
Every page is slow, going back to the homepage is normal, even posting is delayed.

Thanks for the support Travis.

I concur. ForrumRunner is slow, and sometimes locks waiting on a response. And the phone browser will connect, but takes forever. As a guide I'd say a min and a half to two mins per page, based on the lock timer on my phones display.
Similar issues connecting on pc with both FireFox and ie. Just kind of idles at connecting.... And never does.

....Salt Creep Is Everywhere!....

ReefLady

Staff member
Yup it's bad, very bad at times. Some Apache work will be done late tonight, and we are working on the rest but it could be a couple-day process. Hopefully the Apache thing works and we wake up to a much better RS. :)

yungreefer2410

I'm using safari on my macbook pro and the only thing i have noticed is the lag and slow load time (about 15-30 seconds per page). At first I thought it was my wifi, then I quickly realized it was a more serious problem. I hope things workout!

Funlad3

Good luck Travis! It's only a ten-ish second lag time for me, but hey, if it could be better, I'll take it!