Ian's Jumping In Feet First RSM 250

Any suggestions if you were me? I got no more T5s. LeD kit i dont like....AI sol? Vega? Ecotech?something else?

Well, there are a few options.
You could go with the sols (cheaper), or spring for the Vegas. There is also true option of taking the hood of altogether and going rimless and then adding whatever type of lighting you want.

Perfecting the art of procrastination... tomorrow.

Acanman

Hey thanks Ian. I did not mentioned that all stock electronics ripped out of hood, including fans. Do you still think AI vegas will not have heat issue?

I don't think so, in fact less so than the Sol since the Vega is even thinner there should be more air flow over it.

I am about to upgrade to a 220 DT on a 330 gallon system so my AI's are getting moved out of the hood and I will finally be using them again.

I will have a mixed bag of 2 Sols, one Apollo and 4 dimmable T5s.

Acanman

Thats really cool. I want a 265 gal someday soon i hope. Only thing stopping me now is the install. Can i just screwinto the reflector plate or do i have to fabricate metal brackets and bars etc etc......?

I have been concentrating on getting my big upgrade going and with work so I havent taken a lot of tank pics lately. Growth is good in almost everything except for a purple acro that had stn. No idea what caused it as my chems were pretty much stable. No bugs or other issues. My other SPS are going gangbusters.

The 400 gallon system should be online by the end of April.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
That sucks about the purple. Did you lose the whole colony?

I'm excited to see the 400 come around. I love seeing MY dreams come to life even if it's only at other people's house :)

PS Your tank status is showing an error on your signature there.

No, I managed to frag a few pieces and I am pretty sure I halted the progress on the main colony.
My Profi does that when we get power surges so I need to restart it. Unfortunately I am in the Bahamas so it will have to wait.

The 400 is definitely going to be nice. I am taking a lot of time to plan everything out from the stand to the wiring to the plumbing and placement of every little thing.

Of course now I am really jonesing for the Mitras so I may end up selling some of my older video gear.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
No, I managed to frag a few pieces and I am pretty sure I halted the progress on the main colony.
My Profi does that when we get power surges so I need to restart it. Unfortunately I am in the Bahamas so it will have to wait.

The 400 is definitely going to be nice. I am taking a lot of time to plan everything out from the stand to the wiring to the plumbing and placement of every little thing.

Of course now I am really jonesing for the Mitras so I may end up selling some of my older video gear.

When do we get to see pictures from your Bahamas trip?

5341_10151494543044518_1504386359_n.jpg