HMA’s 115 gal. Reef Tank

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Beautiful additions and your FTS is awesome (as always) :)
I am a fan of PJ cardinals also. I think they are beautiful!

framerguy

Those shots are gorgeous Heinz! My cardinals mouths have looked like that at times and I didn't know it was because they were carrying babies. Evidently mine didn't make it past being fish food. I'll have to watch for that from now on.

lcstorc

So that is why it has that expression. I thought it was an adorable one but had no idea it was babies. That is really really cool.

hma

My Friday Update:

The current values of the 115gal tank:

Ammonia : 0
Nitrites : 0
Nitrates : 0
Phosphates : > 0,02
Salinity : 1.02359
Alk : 7dkH
Cal : 410 ppm
Mag : 1360 ppm
Water : RO/DI
Ph – 8.0 to 8.3
Supplements: Balling Complete +Plus ( Ca, Mg, Na, Trace Elements and Amino Acids)

No news, all animals are healthy, no special incidents. :)

A.%20rainfordi%20-%20Rainford%27s%20Goby.jpg

hma

Fabulous Heinz, you know how much of a Rainsfords Goby fan I am!

yep I know Craig :) .... btw ...good news from the "Orange banded gobies" since today. The female is watching between 20-30 fry's in his breeding cave. This is my first successful breeding attempt since over 4 years now with these Gobies. Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of time at the moment to look intensely the brood. :cry1:

Last edited:

Witfull

if you have one brood, and the pair is happy, you will have more. in time i anticipate an article highlighting you and your rearing of them.

good luck my friend and thanks for all of your advice, insights and help to others.

Craig Manoukian

good news from the "Orange banded gobies" since today. The female is watching between 20-30 fry's in his breeding cave. This is my first successful breeding attempt since over 4 years now with these Gobies.

I'm sure you'll do fine Heinz!:bow: :woohoo:

hma

Hi Dave, Craig .... thank's a lot.

Today the male has dug out the cave entrance from the outside, the female came immediately to eat. It was first for approx. 7-8 days. Two larvae also came to the free water, I could shoot a picture before the female brought them both again in the cave. Unfortunately, I have no direct view of the cave. But after the female had richly eaten she is again back in the cave. Since last night she is not to be seen any more in the aquarium.

Here is the only photo which I could shoot:

Orange%20banded%20gobie%20frys_1_1.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Getting the hang of this camera Heinz! Thanks for all the help in PM sir. Here is a picture I took this morning with it. I was about 6 feet away.
Kiawah040.jpg

hma

Any sign of mama yet? The babies are adorable!

Hello Lorraine ..... Today mummy was again for a short time to eat beyond the cave. From one of the fry's I could make a picture. Unfortunately, any more were not to be seen, however, I have fed immediately baby cop's and phyto plankton.

Orange%20banded%20gobie%20frys_2_2.jpg

@Frankie
My pleasure Frankie ..... great Photografie, congrats ! :hallo: