HMA’s 115 gal. Reef Tank

hma

Thanks Frank, Adam, Craig ......

@Frankie
AquaMedic Oceanlight 2 x 150 Watt Gieseman 16.000k HQI, 2 x 39 Watt 16.000 Fauna Marine T5 and 2 x 24 Watt blue.

tubedood

Heinz this is stunning and inspiring. Your talents and helpfulness on this site are so appreciated by beginners (me) and advanced reefers Im sure. Thanks for all the helpful info and a big thumbs up on a beautiful reef aquarium!
I was an army brat... Berliner mother... born in Frankfurt am main. Nice to meet ya!

hma

my friday (sunday) update !

The current values of the 115gal tank:

Ammonia : 0
Nitrites : 0
Nitrates : 0
Phosphates : > 0,01
Salinity : 1.0235
Alk : 7dkH
Cal : 410 ppm
Mag : 1340 ppm
Water : RO/DI
Ph – 8.0 to 8.2
Supplements: Balling Complete +Plus ( Ca, Mg, Na, Trace Elements and Amino Acids)

Sorry, no news and all animals are healthy :angel2:

Acropora_Blastomousa.jpg

hma

Beautiful hma!
If you don't mind, I see your alk is 7dkH. What brand of salt are you using?

What is wrong in 7 dKH Frank? It's safe to say ........ nothing! In the sea in coral reefs approx. 6 - 6.4 dKH measured, 7 is the optimum and also intended of me.. as you can see, with the Balling method it is easy to hold the value on an optimum state. I know in the USA are valid higher values as standard (8-10), in Europe for a long time any more, we try to reach very near to the optimum and to hold them.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I think you miss read me, I was impressed that you were able to get it that low. Most people struggle at about 9dkH. I just wanted to know what salt you were using because it is most likely how you get optimal water parameters.

hma

I think you miss read me, I was impressed that you were able to get it that low. Most people struggle at about 9dkH. I just wanted to know what salt you were using because it is most likely how you get optimal water parameters.

upps :hammerhea :banghead: yep that's possible Frank, MEA CULPA, mea maxima culpa.

I use TM Pro, Red Sea Pro and the new ... TIMO Reef salt ( a new german brand). Once again sorry Frank, my mistake.

btw .... the water I use for RO/Di has a dKH around 5

Last edited:

hma

Hello Lynn .... or you are Lisa?..... however, many thanks for your nice entry in the guest book of my side.

They dont like Soft- and LPS corals as neighbours, the most Soft- and LPS corals are able to sting very much; she cannot defend herself against it. Blastomussa merleti needs a "sunny place" to feel fine. The best place is in the upper area of the aquarium, she likes a lot of light. :angel2:

Fish Crazy

Hello Lynn .... or you are Lisa?..... however, many thanks for your nice entry in the guest book of my side.

They dont like Soft- and LPS corals as neighbours, the most Soft- and LPS corals are able to sting very much; she cannot defend herself against it. Blastomussa merleti needs a "sunny place" to feel fine. The best place is in the upper area of the aquarium, she likes a lot of light. :angel2:

Thanks Hans (from Lisa) we have it placed in a higher spot with very good exposure to light and it is doing well

hma

My Friday Update Craig (sorry, a little late), Today with pictures of some new animals :

The current values of the 115gal tank:

Ammonia : 0
Nitrites : 0
Nitrates : 0
Phosphates : > 0,01
Salinity : 1.0235
Alk : 7dkH
Cal : 410 ppm
Mag : 1340 ppm
Water : RO/DI
Ph – 8.0 to 8.3
Supplements: Balling Complete +Plus ( Ca, Mg, Na, Trace Elements and Amino Acids)

Apart from the new animals, a couple Rainford gobies as well as a dark-green Montipora digitata and red-magenta coloured Stylopory sp. everything is very well. All animals are healthy, the values of the aquariums are all in the norm areas.

Amblygobius%20rainfordi%20-%20Rainford%27s%20Goby.jpg

Amblygobius%20rainfordi%20-%20Rainford%27s%20Goby_male.jpg

Montipora%20digitata_green.jpg

Stylopora%20sp.jpg