Hello All!

Wessel

Hello all forum members. My Name is Wessel, and I live in South Africa. English is not my first language, so please forgive future grammar/spelling mistakes. I have recently purchased a RSM 130D. It has been cycling for the past 5 weeks, and currently has a few critters in:

1. 1 X Cleaner Shrimp
    1 X Peppermint Shrimp
    3 X Hermit Crabs
    4 X Turbo Snails
    1 X Green Toadstool Pincussion Coral
    1 X (apparently rare) Blue Sympodium Coral

I plan on stocking the following fish:

1. 2 X Oscilaris Clowns
    1 X Royal Gramma
    1 X Bicolour Blennie
    1 X Watchman Goby
    2 X Scissortail Dartfish
    1 X Fairy Wrasse

I currently have 13 kg Indo Liverock in the tank.

I have only added one vibration pump (3000L/ph), a RESUN 150CL chiller, an Auto Top Up System and an UPS to the setup.

At this stage I aim to be introducing 1 fish and 2 coral frags every 2 weeks or so. This is my first foray into the world of reefkeeping, and would appreciate any and all advice given.

Wessel

Thanks Eric. I'm entering a very dangerous stage in the reefkeeping hobby...First time reefkeeper...tank cycled...ITCHING to put stuff inside. Thankfully my research tought me to take things slooowly>

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Come visit the Red Sea Max Club here on RS & post us some pics !
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/

DaveK

... I have recently purchased a RSM 130D. ...
I plan on stocking the following fish:
  1. 2 X Oscilaris Clowns
    1 X Royal Gramma
    1 X Bicolour Blennie
    1 X Watchman Goby
    2 X Scissortail Dartfish
    1 X Fairy Wrasse ...
Welcome to RS.

Your fish stocking list has way too many fish for a tank your size. SW fish need room. Calculations for space should be made on the adult size of the fish. You also must take into consideration the amount of water displaced by the live rock. Your tank holds a lot less water with the rock in it.

On a tank your size, I recommend you limit the tank to about 4 fish. I would consider this an absolute maximum.

PIMPALA

Welcome! And don't apologize for your spelling and grammar again, because yours is better than a lot of people here who speak English as their only language!

Now, lets see some pics of your setup!

Wessel

Thanks all for welcoming me! I'd love to post pictures...but I constantly get the message that the pics exceed the size limits. They're already saved as jpeg. What to do?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
You're welcome! When you get to using it there's a "more options" link under the upload images button that you can use to set a default image size - I find 800x or 1024x is the best. Once you get used to it it's very easy to use.

By the way, I think 10 posts may be the "magic number" for new members posting links or pictures. If you submit a post with either before that, it has to be validated by a moderator before it will show up - no need to keep reposting it. We try to get to these asap but that may be a while. :)