Greg and Mellina's Tank (RSM250)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks Greg! Does it make your skimmer go WILD? Being a one part, takes away the worry that I didn't get the darn stuff messaged together good enough. Have to try it. ;)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
It has never made my skimmer go mad...and for that I am grateful!! I usually only do 2 or 3 at a time, maybe if I did 10 the skimmer might have some issues.

Naj117

Greg me old mate how are you and the family? I hope all is well.

I'm hoping to receive my steves LEDs tomorrow's any chance you can provide me with how you set up your timings for the lights, I'm sorry mate I know you've prob answered this a billion times!

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
No worries!

I set them for a two hour fade in and a two hour fade out. They come on at 11:00 AM and go off at 10:00 PM. I also started all 4 channels at 50% power and increased them 5% every two weeks to a maximum of 70%.

Let me know if you need anything else!

How's the baby doing?

Naj117

No worries!

I set them for a two hour fade in and a two hour fade out. They come on at 11:00 AM and go off at 10:00 PM. I also started all 4 channels at 50% power and increased them 5% every two weeks to a maximum of 70%.

Let me know if you need anything else!

How's the baby doing?

He's lovely mate and growing up fast, I've got another one on the way!

Naj117

WOW! Congratulations!!

Thanks mate!

I think I found the remains of my dwarf angel in the skimmer gate, poor little thing!

I will be giving it a few weeks before I add anything else.

How can you check if you have a copepod population in the tank, I really want a mandarin next

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Love the pictures Greg!! :geekin:
Exciting to think ahead to when it all fills in when it looks so AWESOME already :snshne:
You really make me wish I was brave enough to get a few SPS corals.
..maybe someday I will :fishy:

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks Diana! It's getting there, slowly but surely.

Fighting bubble algae right now. What a pain.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks Diana! It's getting there, slowly but surely.

Fighting bubble algae right now. What a pain.
Well, I got myself one of them there 'lil Emerald Crabs :LOL:
Turned the little booger loose & I've only seen him once since...the bubble algae is still right where it was :yup:
I'm not worried as much about the GBA now cause I figure someday he will eat it ;)
And I got some of the JB WaterWeld, thanks for the heads UP on it....it worked great this morning :thumbup:

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I need to get a few emerald crabs. Before the move I had some in the tank and never had GBA. Unfortunately he didn't make it through the move and I haven't gotten another one yet. Still can't drive so can't get to the LFS to get one.

The WaterWeld is great...and it's cheap and readily available!

Naj117

Greg me old pal, how are I you? I need a little favour. My electrician is letting me down (prob cause I'm not going to pay him) so I'm going to attempt the LEDs myself. Have you ever done a step by step idiot proof guide for the setup? I've bought the 99% complete with typhoon and extension wires and the bit for the moonlights basically the whole schebang

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
You can do it yourself, it's not too difficult and I'll help any way I can. Download the install manual

Red Sea Max 250 99% Complete - Uses Existing Timer and Moonlights

and also the Typhoon Manual:

Typhon LED Controller

from here:

http://stevesleds.com/Downloads.html

Start with the install manual and doing what it says, when you get stuck you can email me. I'll PM you with my email address.

Naj117

You can do it yourself, it's not too difficult and I'll help any way I can. Download the install manual

Red Sea Max 250 99% Complete - Uses Existing Timer and Moonlights

and also the Typhoon Manual:

Typhon LED Controller

from here:

http://stevesleds.com/Downloads.html

Start with the install manual and doing what it says, when you get stuck you can email me. I'll PM you with my email address.

Thanks mate ok so first problem step 2 I'm trying to pry up the screws but all I'm succeeding in doing is damaging the screw pls help