Greg and Mellina's Tank (RSM250)

KarlyBoy

The Male has a large retractable dorsal fin, which will show if threatened, the female does not have this, they will display as soon as thy are threatened, just ask your LFS to let you see, they also expel an enzyme when threatened, which shows as a milky cloud

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I was thinking of getting another one as well but have no idea what the sex of the one I have is

Here's a good photo to show the fin difference in male & female...
1074ce5ac40e34d10b410469a58cdab3_zpsde0a031a.jpg
[/IMG]
The top one with a spike frontal fin is the male....squared off fin is female.
(That's according to liveaquaria.com)

ziggy

Here's a good photo to show the fin difference in male & female...
The top one with a spike frontal fin is the male....squared off fin is female.
(That's according to liveaquaria.com)

Sweet Pics.

Learn something new every day.

Diana should get both.... Are you going to be supplementing the feeds Diana?

Mr.Reeefer

Hi mate,

I just caught up with your thread, good to see everything went smoothly for you considering your tank move etc.

I can see you definitely done your research and a good LFS probably helped along the way.

Tank looks great and you've definitely come a long way!!!

Lumen

Too stunning! You guys are really tempting me to buy one of those LED kits!
Love the arc as well!

GregT

Looking really good Greg.
Tempting me to find my arch I've got buried in my rock work.
Love the colour on that Gorgonian

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks everyone. I really like the arch and feel like it adds a nice touch to the display.

ziggy

Thanks everyone. I really like the arch and feel like it adds a nice touch to the display.

Great tank Greg!

How did you luck out with the arch? Did the piece just happen to be in the box of LR? Or did you find/select it somehow?
Really curious

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Found it at my LFS. He had a bunch of branches in with the live rock. I knew I wanted to have an arch so I grabbed it.

Wolffman64

One question Greg, have you glued all your frags to get them to stay in place? (especially the frags on the arch)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
One question Greg, have you glued all your frags to get them to stay in place? (especially the frags on the arch)

Yes, I make a small ball with JB WaterWeld. Then add some super glue gel to the top and bottom of the ball. Dry thy frag base, then push the base into the super glue. Then push the entire thing in place where I want it. This way the super glue and water weld both work to bond the frag in place.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/J-B-Weld-2-oz-WaterWeld-Epoxy-Stick-8277/202528473#

Wolffman64

Yes, I make a small ball with JB WaterWeld. Then add some super glue gel to the top and bottom of the ball. Dry thy frag base, then push the base into the super glue. Then push the entire thing in place where I want it. This way the super glue and water weld both work to bond the frag in place.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/J-B-Weld-2-oz-WaterWeld-Epoxy-Stick-8277/202528473#

Cheers! I will have to do some of it tonight, since we are going away for two weeks, and I can't ask my "helper" to keep on replacing frags.

Is there a limit to how many you can glue at the same time without tank going stir crazy (skimmer etc)?