Greg and Mellina's Tank (RSM250)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Good question and I don't have a great answer for you. I've done about 5 or 6 at a time without it going nuts, but I can't vouch for anything over that.

jimbanks77

Kind of late to the party here but I love the Foxface Rabbitfish. I used to have one that my kids were in love with...he was very timid but a great addition to the tank-he always minded his manners and never poisoned me when i was cleaning the tank!

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
He is one of my favorites as well! Brings a nice color, size and movement to the tank.

yorkieUK

PREMIUM
Hi Greg,
What is the best way to remove frags from plugs/discs that they have been delivered on?
What is the chance of damaging them in the process?
I'm just working on my rockscaping right now. When the water clears, I'll post some photos for your feedback.
Wayne.

[/QUOTE]

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
hi greg,
what is the best way to remove frags from plugs/discs that they have been delivered on? depends on the coral. For things like zoas and ricordia and mushrooms, i just leave them on the plug and glue the plug where i want them. They will grow larger and overrun the plug or disc over time and you won't know its there. For sps and some others, if the frag has encrusted the plug, i will break off the plug but try not to damage the encrusted part. It it hasn't encrusted, i just pop the frag off. For some, you can take a pair of wire cutters and snap the plug with them.
what is the chance of damaging them in the process? usually pretty low, just be careful!!
i'm just working on my rockscaping right now. When the water clears, i'll post some photos for your feedback.
Wayne.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Your tank is looking stunning Greg!! :) You've really done well with it and it's only going to get better as those frags all really grow in :D I love it mate!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Looks FANTASTIC Greg!! Just beautiful :snshne: I see stuff in there that I WANT....honestly you should be winning the TOTM Amazing colors & that arch-scape just pulls them all together. :geekin:

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks Dom, it is definitely a work in progress and no where near where I'd like it to be. I think another year or so and it will start coming together. Gotta think long term in this hobby! :)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Looks FANTASTIC Greg!! Just beautiful :snshne: I see stuff in there that I WANT....honestly you should be winning the TOTM Amazing colors & that arch-scape just pulls them all together. :geekin:

Thanks Diana!! Very nice of you to say. It is coming along!!

NJ Reefer

PREMIUM
Looking great! I love that arch also. I look for them at the LFS when I go, but haven't been lucky as of yet. What is that blue speckled coral just above your blue shrooms?