RS STAFF
My new scoly
1183.gif
Scolymia australis

0ed7e23f.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Very pretty Glenn! I think they call that a bleeding apple scoly? Are you at the point you're adding corals to the 250 now?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks Terry and Eddie - I found this one online... and lfs had same one...
Multicolor Scolymia australis - $350.00 : areefcreation.com

So I traded eight corals into lfs this morning (all my common ones, GSP, Yellow polyps, all my xenias, green zoas, etc) for store credit, added $100 & got my new scoly
050.gif

I have (3) three test coral over there (a chalice frag, my frogspawn & a zoa frag) & getting close to adding more ... and doing some large water changes like 30% - scared to move over my clownfish... so that going to be awhile, no hurry. Today, I even feel like keeping my 130D
1015.gif

Last edited:

Max250

wow glenn. I can't believe how far on you are with the 250 already. Lovely scoly too.

How do you find the noise levels from the 250? Do you like the skimmer? Have you got any add-ons or upgrades in mind?

reeferman

thats a sweet scoly!my frag tank has cycled too so i added a couple of hermits and a snail from my 250,still waiting to add corals,might do that today.i say keep your 130 too,its always nice to have a second tank to house things in case a tragedy happens.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks guys ! I was thinking of selling it for like $350 with sand & LR - but I keep thinking, I will want another tank, for QT or frags or just starting over with a smaller one & I know I can't do that any cheaper than my asking price - I am sure if I sold it I would have sellers remorse.... so for now my 130D still part of the family & maybe a tear down & fresh rebuild - just4fun :)

reeferman

that sounds like a plan,im sure you would have sellers remorse,your pretty attached to that tank!i think thats a great idea.

tnwillia

I'm with you Glenn, I couldn't sell it, I'd find a way to use it... IMHO it's way to nice for a QT tank, Maybe a livestock specific tank, Mantis, Pipe fish or Seahorse, Puffers lots of possibilities... I vote Pipe Fish! Have fun!

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Beautiful scolly Glenn, a fine specimen indeed. I feed mine a bit of prawn once a week but you probably know that already. Good decision on keeping the 130 too, you just never know when you might use it. How about a predator tank?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks Leigh ! How big a shrimp do you feed him? LFS suggested a silverside

Max250 -the my noise levels from the 250 not bad at all, more quite than my 130D. The stock skimmer is doing fine, water level dependant like my 130D.
No add-ons or upgrades in mind so far...

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
I just cut up approx. 5mm pieces of frozen prawn. I have to give some to the shrimps first otherwise they just nick it! I'm sure silversides would be fine but I just don't have access to them.