Ghetto 85 Gallon Long

yungreefer2410

Fish Marc you could have a tank of your own. Just start out small and buy things slowly. That's what I did with my 29g. It's over three years old now

Poriferan

FTS update

fts85.jpg

1Reefer

Well I must say you have done a great job bringing this tank back to life... it looks great! Keep up on the updates, please lol... ( I need to be better bout those)

Poriferan

Thanks. I must admit, however, that I am not happy with the tank. The front glass was too far gone and retains a calcium haze or perhaps it has etched. My best efforts, even jewelers polish would not remove it all. It still looks good and I enjoy it but...

I believe it is going to become a sump for my newest build at some point.

Here is a shot before I started the restoration of my 375 Gallon tank.

073.jpg

Poriferan

Sad news. I lost my puffer and tusk. Happened in two days. I was only able to save the lion with quarantine. Whatever killed them did not affect the tang or the damsels.:mad:

jpsika08

Sorry to hear that Charles :(

Keep an eye on the others though, whatever killed these fish may be delaying on the tang and damsels, hopefully not, good luck.

Poriferan

Whatever got in the tank killed everything but 2 damsels.:tears:

They now live in the quarantine tank and will do so while the tank sits fish-less for 2-3 Months. It appears that the entire tank is now a refugium as it is filled with thousands of mysis, pods and tunicates. They cover every square inch of rock/glass. I guess when I decide it is safe to reintroduce fish there will be no shortage of food.

Poriferan

While I still plan on this tank becoming the sump for the big one,...
I must get some corals and fish ready:bouncer:

Here is are a few new shots. Sorry for the pic quality as the Radium is making it hard for me to get good pics.

IMG_9878.jpg

IMG_9885.jpg

IMG_9889.jpg

IMG_9895.jpg

IMG_9902.jpg

Poriferan

Thanks Dave and/or Tracy,

I love craigslist:bluenod: I got that bubble and several good size colonies from a guy off craigslist. The price was insane and the corals are looking 1000x better in my tanks than his :tongue:

I moved my elegance over to the 85 tonight also as all my SPS seem to like the t5 lights and slower current of the right side of this tank better than the MH and flow of the vortech.