Ghetto 85 Gallon Long

Poriferan

This will be mainly or totally FOWLR :cry1: until I upgrade again:tongue:

The lights are a 4 bulb t5 fixture 36" and a 4 bulb PC fixture 48". Really need better lights to grow much in the coral area unless I concentrate the lights on one end.

lcstorc

Cool project.
Good to see it is going well so far.
You could easily keep softies with low light.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Actually you could probablly get away with some mushrooms, leathers, and zoos. Look to the lower light corals and you should be ok.

I have toadstools, trumpets, mushrooms, and zoas growing in a 6 gallon with 1x8w T5 bulb.

yungreefer2410

yeah you could get away with some softies in their, i really like what you have done with the tank though, i think a tang is in order for this tank

Poriferan

I have been batteling Cyano for a bit. It is starting to get under control...

Decided to share a few pics of the new additions to my family:hug1:

T2.jpg

The Boss
LION1.jpg

Slim
TANG1.jpg

Homer
PUFF.jpg

LOIN2.jpg

Poriferan

My wife made me get Homer the puffer:whip:

Kinda kills the chance to put some softies in here. I havn't seen it chewing on the live rock yet, but my last puffer did...:yummy:

Poriferan

Great pics, love the Lion :)

Thanks Jim,

The lion had had one of the damsels and the puffer in its mouth so far:apint:

Damsel escaped somehow:stars:

Homer had 1/2 a feeder fish in its mouth and 1/2 out. The Boss wanted it and ate 1/3 of Homer, just past his eyes. Now I wish I had my camera then because it took a fully inflated puffer to make the lion spit out his dinner.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Looking good, I had forgotten about this build glad to see it's going well.

Gotta love lions they'll try and eat anything :)

Poriferan

Looking good, I had forgotten about this build glad to see it's going well.

Gotta love lions they'll try and eat anything :)

Thanks Eric,

Looks like your build is coming along as well. I am excited to see it getting closer.

The reason for my lack of updates is that I have been busy with my other obsession. My boat...
1copy.jpg

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Looks like a lot of fun and definitely explains why you haven't updated in a while :)

JimmyJ

Homer had 1/2 a feeder fish in its mouth and 1/2 out. The Boss wanted it and ate 1/3 of Homer, just past his eyes. Now I wish I had my camera then because it took a fully inflated puffer to make the lion spit out his dinner.

WOW, I bet that was fun to watch :D

Poriferan

Newest addition to the group.

Tusk.jpg

Tusk2.jpg

I am wondering if it is OK to call this a reef tank now...

I have Xenia growing in the refugium:yup:

Poriferan

woh this site is so inspiring, i wish i could do all of this but i can't im 13.

Nice to see young people wanting to get involved. I say get your Dad (or Mom:angel4: ) to take you to a Local Fish Store that has a nice reef display tank. Sometimes that is enough to give them the bug. Then you can live and learn through your parents tank until you are old enough to afford one on your own.

Otherwise just brouse around here and enjoy all the awesome pictures you can find for a few more years:turntable