Full-Tank Friday!

anarchy

Great looking tank!

I am curious about this "wife" cube thing. Is that really just your way of sneaking in an extra tank for yourself or is it really her cube?

At my house, the conversation would be like this: "Oh honey, this one is totally all about you! That's why we are doing it! Here, I'll pick out some good corals for you..."
Here's the deal. She has hated my tanks for a long time and she finally realized they aren't going anywhere. So instead of complaining about them she figured she'd give it a shot. Also everything in the 30 is things I don't want, including her favorite green leather. So I told her if she wanted to keep those things then she needed her own tank and if she didn't start a tank I was selling everything in the 30. So she had me put together a tank for her with everything I had laying around lol. She won't clean it or maintain it (since she can't even keep fw fish alive). Might have been a bad idea. She has expensive taste. She complains that I'm wanting $100 acros but she points to a $200 scolly and says oh that's pretty I want that

ANARCHY

Pat24601

Yes I think its just a reason to have another tank. But I do make her pay for her own corals. When we go to our club meetings and they have frag auctions she really gets into it. Last meeting she spent 150$. Now does she clean the tank, do water changes, feed, or anything else to do with the tank? No LOL

Sounds like a good arrangement to me! It is actually pretty cool she gets into corals. Mine picks some corals out sometimes, but we only have the one tank so far.

melvis

Sounds like mine too Pat. In fact, she was with me yesterday at the LFS shortly after they got a delivery...and 'we' reserved a lovely plate coral and a purple goniopora lol.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
45256cfd5a37e67f4092f2e1dc3853a5.jpg

Mine is the poster child of what not to do.
@DianaKay, don't look. You'll have more GBA nightmares. It's also my aiptasia garden.

6ae2db9347c6cfdf6aa48f81cb1768fc.jpg

Photo bomb!

8f816deb55d7825ec2e2078d092fb2e6.jpg

Last edited:

Pat24601

Sounds like mine too Pat. In fact, she was with me yesterday at the LFS shortly after they got a delivery...and 'we' reserved a lovely plate coral and a purple goniopora lol.

In all fairness, a purple Goniopora sounds pretty darn cool!

Anarchy, I gotcha now. I think it's good she's getting into a bit after all these years. Just like Melvis, in fairness the scolly's are pretty cool. My LFS seems to sell them for $300, though. It's why I don't have one. :)

Snelly40

nice tanks guys!! i feel so naked with tank being empty haha... here is a partially cycled no lights on photo from last night, gotta spray some sand off the rocks and excuse the heater as i havent moved it to my sump just yet...

i went with a more horizontal aquascape this time... for adding caves and a few rocks are totally buried by the sand but wanted stability for the bsjf

ftf 2-20.jpg

Last edited:

Stephane Cote

There are some really fantastic tanks on here and I would put this one right up there. I love how simple it is. such simple corals that are doing great. Not crowded with nice colors. This proves you dont have to spend thousands on hard to keep corals to have a great tank. Great job. I would be proud to own this tank!
Are those zoas on the middle rock? The green/orange? If not what is it?

thank you :) i am actually proud of it. the only prob is still.. brown sand :\ Those are indeed zoas. Some green, orange, green/orange ones. i really like that some are dbl coloured

here is a picture of them un close.. and Sebastien saying hi lol

unnamed_zpseklfn1wi.jpg

Stephane Cote

Here's the deal. She has hated my tanks for a long time and she finally realized they aren't going anywhere. So instead of complaining about them she figured she'd give it a shot. Also everything in the 30 is things I don't want, including her favorite green leather. So I told her if she wanted to keep those things then she needed her own tank and if she didn't start a tank I was selling everything in the 30. So she had me put together a tank for her with everything I had laying around lol. She won't clean it or maintain it (since she can't even keep fw fish alive). Might have been a bad idea. She has expensive taste. She complains that I'm wanting $100 acros but she points to a $200 scolly and says oh that's pretty I want that

ANARCHY

happy wife happy life! :) i think your shopping wrong.... you should have done the same to the acros point at them and go oh thats pretty i want that. :)

sirrealism

Stephane. I love the mix in those zoas. What do you have for a clean up crew? The brown sand is super hard to get rid of. I have the same issue. When you do a water change do you vacuum the sand/gravel? If not do it and it will help. It looks like you have crushed coral so vacuuming it is easy.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Not quite taken on Friday but still :p

I just took my FTF picture just now too because I leave for work in the morning before my tank lights come on.
But, I'm going to wait until FRIDAY to post it. :nyanya:
I think it is a cool idea to take (and post!!) at least one picture per week of something in our own tanks. Cause WE L:heart:VE pictures!
How many fish :fishy::fishy: do you have Dom?? I don't see any :fishy: