Frankie's 120gal. glass experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Yeah, I like the green of them and spraying them with RO/DI at night while tinkering in my man cave. :)

Triggerjay

Hey Frankie, here is an interesting read on a ZEOvit type system for the DIY guy... :
Reef Central Online Community - Zeovit

I too am considering the starting the basic 4.. Have you ordered yours yet? Are you going to DIY your ZEOlite reactor? ok... Time to start a ZEO thread.... I'll leave that for you frankie. I feel my system is getting near a LNS, as my water clarity has improved over the last few months, and my corals have really lightened (needing more food to maintain colors). Since I am on the recovery trail from my crash this week, I figure why not.. Its time to do things a little different, and the LNS seem to be the wave of the future. I was undecided between the ZEOvit system, Prodibio, and the DIY Vodka/Sugar/Vinegar method, but figure the ZEOvit system has been around long enough, that I trust it. What are your thoughts on the system so far? and my second question... How long are you going to wait to start feeding AA's. and the other additives once you start the basic four?

Jason

Frankie

RS STAFF
I'll be right with you Jason, I need to finish my first cup of coffee :)
Actually I think the best way for me to give advice at this point is to go to ZEOvit.com Forum - ZEOvit and post your tank info in a journal. Here is a link to what to post. After doing this completely the pro's started telling me what i needed to do. Tell us about your Tank - zeovit.com
I then proceeded to go out and buy a binder to keep all of my info in and have been reading like crazy.
yes, i will build my own zeo reactor.
Good idea! I will start a zeo journal to log my progress! ;)

Triggerjay

Don't mean to pollute your thread Frankie, but here is a design I have been playing with on paper for an Automatic Zeo reactor. I saw where you were looking for a design.:
zeoreactor.jpg

Jason

Frankie

RS STAFF
No problem at all Jason! Pollute away!
That is a very interesting design you have there. I will talk more about it tonight with you. It looks very promising. :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
I might be out for a few days here. My pc is going into the shop for an overhaul. I'll try and stop in on Lee's laptop during my down time but I really don't want to intrude into her world to much. It will give me some time to focus more on my other aquarium while this ones down ;)

Triggerjay

uggh! I hate PC problems... I have my laptop, My wife's laptop if mine has problems,.... and if those fail, I have two desktops... Well, One is the kids, and one belongs to the whole family... Gotta love wireless..Come back soon... I'm not done picking your brain! lol.

Jason

Triggerjay

We are both going to use it. Neither one of us currently run it though. I am hoping to start in about two weeks or so. From everything I have read on all the different bacterial filtration methods, I feel ZEOVit is the one for me. The prodibio does pretty close to the same thing, but I have found the best documentation and support to be the ZEOVit line.

Jason

Frankie

RS STAFF
New computer is great! I went with a Gateway. First bought desk top yet. Had a few mods done to it and basic junk programs removed. Super smooth sailing now. I hated the Vista on my daughters laptop and had worries but it seems pretty smooth here.
I just ordered the Zeovit stuff Jason, you better get busy if you want to keep up! ;)
I am following the regiment G. Alexander laid out for me to start with.
I also ordered a potassium kit and dose.
I was going to use Dark Lord Corals but they are not a sponsor here anymore that i see. I went with Aquarium Specialty to be on the safe side. Here is my start up list:

------------------------------------------------------
1 x ZEOvit Pohl's Coral Vitalizer 50 ml (KZCVs)
1 x ZEOvit ZEOfood 7 100 ml (KZZfood7100m)
1 x ZEOvit Potassium Test Kit (KaliumTest)
1 x ZEOvit ZEObac 10ml (KZZbacs)
1 x ZEOvit ZEOstart2 250ml (KZZstart2s)
2 x ZEOlith Rocks 1 liter (KZZvit)
1 x ZEOvit Pohl's K-Balance Potassium mix 250 ml (KZPKbalances)

Frankie

RS STAFF
It's pretty simple really. I made it out of my old clear pvc ca++ reactor. It will be an in sump reactor that i pump by hand once a day. easy enough. I like the pvc over acrylic better for durability. Your not going to break 1/4" pvc ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.