Frankie's 120gal. glass experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Well when i see something wrong i see it very small ;) nip it in the butt before it becomes an issue.
Thanks Nikki :)

Gina

RS STAFF
Tank looks really nice Frankie!
Interesting to know that about Hikari! For the most part, I made my own mush using Doni's receipe also but, if I didn't have time to make it I would use the cubes till I was able to get another batch together.

althea2you

great pics!!! and i hear ya on nipping it in the bud... thats what im doing.. it really isnt spreading beyond the threadyness of it.. no piles of snot in my tank! LOL

Frankie

RS STAFF
No doubt Sarah! Nobody wants to see snot in a tank you poured money into! LOL!
Thanks Gina and Victor!
I will be trying Doni's receipe this week and seeing if that helps also. The fish are gong to freak a bit i have a feeling, because they have been eating the same foods for over three years now. I hope not. I did cut the nori out for a week also and see an improvement. Who knows! Trail and error got me this far ;)
Today i bought a fishing boat! It's old and small but a great way to find out if this is for my family or not. I will get some pictures of it later.

Frankie

RS STAFF
that is acually some type of light green acro. That picture came out funny so i posted it. Here is a better one of it. When it gets a bit bigger your the first in line for frags Blueeyes!
000_2269_editedSmall.jpg

BarbMazz

Sorry, i must have missed that post. My response clearly agrees with yours though. Don't be so sensitive.
I have had great results with the API test kits. the problem is people don't like the results API gives. I hated the red color test for nitrates when first bought the master kit. It kept telling me RED when my sailifert told me other wise. But i found out from another kit that API was right on the money. It tells me zero now and i trust it very much.
When i run out i plan on restocking with the Elos kits. They are getting great reviews

I have a few of the Elos tests and as I use up my Saliferts I'm going with Elos for the rest. They are so easy to use! And I like the glass tubes instead of plastic. They clean up so much better. I also like that Boomer says they're very good result-wise.

BarbMazz

Well Jason was right. i was introducing the po4 in a big way. The food! Damn! i have been using this same food for years with no troubles and i wonder how long this has been going on. the test tonight i did on the rinsed food was off the chart in po4. time for a change i guess. The fish will not be happy.
The food i feed every other day is the 3 stage filtered bio pure mysis shrimp by Aquarium Fish Foods: Hikari Mysis Frozen Shrimp

Huh! I have some of that in my freezer. Will test when I feed the tank tomorrow.

BarbMazz

Frankie, pictures are wonderful as usual. I need a new camera too. Have you been looking at any? I think that purchase will be coming up soon for me.. I love the good macro shots I see around here.

JWarren

If you can get one of the Nikon D80's you will be very happy with it. The WB setting works very well with aquarium lighting and gives a very realistic image.

BarbMazz

If you can get one of the Nikon D80's you will be very happy with it. The WB setting works very well with aquarium lighting and gives a very realistic image.

Thanks John! Noted, and will check it out. My birthday is Saturday... who knows what may happen!

JWarren

There are quite a few lenses that work really well with it too. The macro 60mm has to be one of favorites. You can actually take pic's of copepods with that lens.

Nice shots Frankie! I just bought a Nikon D60 and I love it. Still learning how to use it though, and I need a tripod to take some good shots of the tank.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Yeah Vic thats it in person for sure. I cannot wait to see it after i get the Zeovit going! Thanks!
Thanks barb! Yeah i am very willing to try a boomer approved kit also. :) That go's a long way with me.
Thanks John and Steven!
I wish i could get a new camera but i am on thin ice with the wife right now. I need to save save save for her trip home to Poland so i'll be living like this for a while. My 300g tank money also is going to that trip. She has not been home in 15 years and that is priority to me right now. Maybe it will be a good Christmas though after she get back :)

BarbMazz

Aw, you're a nice guy, Frankie.... 15 years is a long time away from "home". Has your wife's family met your daughter yet? It's so good that they're going.

Status
Not open for further replies.