Few Random pics from snorkeling last week in Bahamas and Grand Turk

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
As the title hints.... Few Random pics from snorkeling last week in Bahamas and Grand Turk. If you get the chance to get down there GO! We had an absolute BALL!!

Julie and Al snorkeling
Julie_n_Al_Half_MC_zps520737f6.jpg

Shade time at Grand Turk
GranTurk_Shade_zps12ac704d.jpg

Maze Coral
Maze_zps647bee76.jpg

Lionfish (laying in wait for next meal)
LionFish_zpsf70227cd.jpg

Feather Duster or Barnacle?
feather_barnacle_zps9103bdbe.jpg

Hiding Urchin (Waiting for me to step on it)
urchin_zps1f7e2174.jpg

Scary Picture for Halloween
Allen_Snork_zps54fa3f91.jpg

Mermaid's Wine Glass Algae (Acetabularia)
mermaids_sup_coral_zpsc17443e3.jpg

Urchin
pin_urchin_zpsa7d0a56f.jpg

Unknown Coral (any ID?)
yellow_coral_zps3dac3a42.jpg

Snorkeling during a Monsoon (we were wet anyway so why not keep going??)
snork_rain_water_zps57bede29.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Looks like you had a blast!

JJ we had an AMAZING time. Weather was GREAT and it was one of our best cruises to DATE! Very relaxed and laid back and I got to spend hours upon hours on the various reefs just observing and being fascinated.

I was very disappointed to see so many lionfish and in so many places. With no natural predators their population is exploding and they will wipe out a healthy reef in a short time. Honestly if I would of had the means to "spear" them I would have every one of them at the time but alas all I had was my camera.

sirrealism

Looks like you had a great time and great pics 2. yes the lion fish invasion is a real problem. They have lion fish spearing partys down in the keys all the time but there is no stopping them. And to think we "The hobby" are the reason why they are here makes me ill to think about. Never release your fish to the wild or any other creature for that matter.

newo11

Grand Turk has some amazing reefs on it and was the highlight for me on our last cruise. My son got to swim with a shark on the drop-off of the reef and at 8 years old that is a BIG deal, lol!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Grand Turk has some amazing reefs on it and was the highlight for me on our last cruise. My son got to swim with a shark on the drop-off of the reef and at 8 years old that is a BIG deal, lol!

That would be a big deal for a 43 year old kid (me) TOO!

:thumber:

Grand Turk is now on my "Must Go Back soon" list. I'm thinking fly straight there and spend a week swimming with the fishes :)

newo11

That would be a big deal for a 43 year old kid (me) TOO!

:thumber:

Grand Turk is now on my "Must Go Back soon" list. I'm thinking fly straight there and spend a week swimming with the fishes :)

Agree. It's a beautiful place and we've talked about going back for a week ourselves.

Creekview

I've seen lion fish on two different restaurant menus recently, both upscale fine dining places. The least we can do is eat 'em.