dMiles 130 Start-up

dMiles

CaribSea ARAG-ALIVE Black and presalted water from LFS Fishy Business SC. Turned on pumps waiting for it to clear. Pick up LR tomorrow. Is there anything else,lights,skimmer,etc that I suppose to run?

dMiles

What ATO unit is most Reefers using and I have a hydrometer but is a refractometer a must have? LR or dry rock what is best?

dMiles

DSCF1092.jpg
[/IMG]

Perseverance pays off . I can post pics now. Thanks Glenn.

tekjunkie28

What ATO unit is most Reefers using and I have a hydrometer but is a refractometer a must have? LR or dry rock what is best?

Yes a refractometer is a must. ATO I'm insure of. I have no clue about them anyways.
Live rock is best but u can get 5lbs live rock and let the rest seed. Or you could get completely dead rock and drop a deli shrimp in and wait. It will take longer but cost less

dMiles

001.jpg
[/IMG]

1st try at landscaping. Tell me what you think. 5lbs of LR and the rest DR. Do I need more sand,more rock?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
That sounds about right :dance: might could add a bit more rock, like another 10 lbs

many suggest 1 to 1 & 1/2 pounds per gallon.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hey Reggie - good to see you checking in ! dMiles check out Reggie beautiful tank (he started in the RSM Club) and has been known to share a frag too :dance:

dMiles

Saw the tank! Nice Reggie. I aspire to have one like that one day if all goes well with this one. My MP10 suppose to be in today and I think I'm going to order a Tunze 3155 ATO right now.

dMiles

Got my MP10 and the next item is a Tunze 3155! How did you know? I guess I'm ALL IN for this hobby. Question: How does the Hydor FLO rotating water deflector fit on the 130 pump. Straight to the pump or on the movable extension ?

dMiles

001-1.jpg
After adding 11 more pounds of rock. Tested my water today and every thing is at an acceptable level. Looking for a couple of Clowns now. YEAH!