dMiles 130 Start-up

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/34023-fish-stress-general.html

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...-stress-technical-physiological-approach.html

There may be visual hints or clues such as a fish that shows its night-time colors/patterns during the day-time are indicating they are under stress. Signs range from the appearance of 'everything is fine' to tattered fins and a vacant expression. Stress can manifest itself in fish behavior. For instance, a fish that is doing something repetitive (like 'pacing' back and forth in the tank, or constantly picking at the same 'thing' in the tank where there is obviously no food) can be showing signs of stress. Sometimes a chronic (long term stress) shows itself by the fish 'wasting.' The fish thins to death. Quite often it is a fish that has stopped eating, sending a signal to the aquarist that there is stress. The thing about stress is that it can come at the fish being chronic (a slow effect) or acute (a very fast effect). It is the slow effects of stress that are usually ignored or left unnoticed by aquarists. Just remember: just because stress isn't obvious, doesn't mean it isn't there and happening.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Good members of the CUC - Bristleworms are harmless and very beneficial scavengers in an aquarium. Common bristleworms found in just about every reef aquarium are harmless. The spend much of their time eating waste products and detritus that builds up in your tank. They can reach areas of the tank that snails can't get to and rid it of accumulations of debris that would eventually breakdown in your tank putting off nitrogen as they decay.

I was just reading about a member that bought some here :dance: : : : : Indo-Pacific Sea Farms : : : :

aropfor1

^+1 I have these guys in my tank too. You'll notice they show themselves a little more if u overfeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Pods are good for your tank. A lot of fish like them for snacks, and some even for their whole dietary needs. Many people try to provide areas in the tank for the pod population to increase their numbers. They will eat any food that makes it to them and detritus that builds up in the tank.

dMiles

001-5.jpg

Can somebody id this worm in the middle of this photo? Is it good or bad?

dMiles

Black Clown, Lawnmower Blenny,High Fin Red banded Goby,Six Line Wrasse in that order at 3 weeks apart. What do you guys think?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Sounds like a plan. N u do mean adding one every three weeks correct?

..........tequilla is not my friend anymore

dMiles

Yes sir. Now for corals how/when do I add those? Found this piece of Florida LR today at my LFS it has a nice brain coral and what look like some sort of red sponge on it.

002.jpg

Last edited: