Dentoid's Reeforama

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Ouch Lorraine! I'm sure it was just a loce bite!:D

Today my Longnose hawkfish made a sneak attack on my Peppermint hogfish, from cover of the gorgonian, as he swam by. The hogfish didn't swim away, but turned and chased the hawk back into the gorgonian. The hawk is 3X bigger!:lol:

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thought it was time for some eye candy!:D

DSC_0003-11.jpg

DSC_0010-9.jpg

DSC_0015-5.jpg

Octoman

Great pictures Scott! I'm glad to see the orchid out and about for the photo shoot and I loce that new hogfish!

goldenmean

Awesome Scott!
Beautiful tank!!!

So your Long Nose is liking the gorgonian?
I have that gorgonian too.

Your flower anemone is amazing.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Jeff, the Longnose is at home propped-up in a gorgonian, they are usually associated with gorgonians in the wild. He loves that gorgonian and yours will too!:D

Thanks Craig!

corrado007

Your tank is looking great! I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous of your Fridmani, it's beautiful. Nice deep color. I'd been looking for one for months and my wife spotted this little runt at Petco getting beat up by damsels. It was about 1.5" long and very pale. Not the specimen I was looking for but my wife insisted that we save it so we brought it home and have had it for about 3 weeks now. It's doing well eating and is active but I can't seem to brighten it up yet. I'll just have to give it more time and some good food I suppose. Anyway, well done, everything looks very nice.
Justin

Craig Manoukian

The Hover Gobies, Genus Amblygobius feed on small pods they find in the natural reef. I you have a mature tank with a good pod population they will do very well. Cyclopeze was a favorite treat of my Rainsford Goby, Amblygobius rainsfordi.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Great pics Scott! I like the one of the hogfish getting ready to take a big bite :thumbup: Your reef looks great!

tbittner

WOW!!! Everything looks so great! I love seeing Spotty out swimming around, checking things out too. :)

Everything obviously likes that LED light too!

bluespotjawfish

I'm sure it was just a loce bite!

Of course it was. She loce bites the male all the time.

The tank is looking very mature and happy. I noticed your monti cap is missing. Did you take it out? I may be removing mine. They take up so much room. The flower anem at the bottom is growing like crazy! Bet you can't wait to say here fishy, fishy, fish everyday! Those are some cute fish!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Your tank is looking great! I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous of your Fridmani, it's beautiful. Nice deep color. I'd been looking for one for months and my wife spotted this little runt at Petco getting beat up by damsels. It was about 1.5" long and very pale. Not the specimen I was looking for but my wife insisted that we save it so we brought it home and have had it for about 3 weeks now. It's doing well eating and is active but I can't seem to brighten it up yet. I'll just have to give it more time and some good food I suppose. Anyway, well done, everything looks very nice.
Justin

Thanks Justin! It's a noble thing that you took on that runt. Keep feeding it well and it will repay you with beauty and awe!

Thanks Craig! Are you suggesting that I get a Amblygobius? To my knowledge I don't have any specimens in that genus.:D

Thanks Doni! I didn't realize how big his mouth was until I got that shot!:eek: Right now he is smaller than my shrimps, but I can see a day that he may turn on them if he gets bigger. In the meantime, I am adoring that little guy.

Thanks Terry! Spotty has become very brazen and comfortable. He has been taking strolls outside of his burrow. Perhaps looking for a mate or a new piece of real estate.

Thanks Lorraine! Back in September I had a event in my tank that killed all my Montis. Not really sure what. At the time I started adding kalc through my ATO. However, shortly after they died I had a cyano outbreak. It ended up being the actinic bulbs were old and the color temperture had changed. After I got my Solaris, all the cyano went away. I suppose it could have been the old bulbs that caused the demise of the montis. Fortunately, I have 4 frags of the red monti in my frag tank and I gave a frag to Terry and one each of the red and pink-tan to Melanie before they met their maker. I'm contemplating whether I should put another one back in the display.

Thanks Kelli. My Kelli is doing great. She is out all the time now!:D I love the color splash she brings to the reef.

Craig Manoukian

Thanks Craig! Are you suggesting that I get a Amblygobius? To my knowledge I don't have any specimens in that genus.:D

What is the scientific name for this guy, looks very similar in shape/size to the Rainsford and Hector gobies from the Genus Amblygobius?

DSC_0015-5.jpg