Dentoid's Reeforama

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thanks guys! I know I'm over stocked. There are 3 fish I want to get rid of, Sailfin, Hippo and Foxface, I just haven't gotten around to it. It requires a lot of maintenance 2-15 gallon WCs a week and I still have nitrates at 20-30ppm. Here are the pictures of the Candycane Hogfish and ric rocks I received from www.reefgardener.com. The Hogfish is a real hog, eating like a champ. He got a little picked on when I first put him in the tank by my Cherub angel, which is strange because I have never seen the angel ever even pay attention let alone bother any other fish. It has stopped though and the Hogfish is settling right in.

It's interesting that this fish has the body type and swimming mannerisms of the Cleaner Wrasse. I'm in love with this fish!:D
DSC_0003-10.jpg

DSC_0002-11.jpg

DSC_0007-8.jpg

DSC_0008-16.jpg

DSC_0001_1-1.jpg

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Very cool looking fish Scott and not very common at least around here :alien:
Love the Rics too I have some just like them :thumbup:

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thanks Robert!:D

This is what makes it so hard to get rid of my Foxface.

Here he is lining-up for a cleaning.
DSC_0001_2-3.jpg

And the cleaning job. The tang wants to get in on the action as well.
DSC_0003_1-3.jpg

DSC_0004-12.jpg

hma

WoW Scott .... amazing. That fish is over_COOL ! Congrats to a very, very rare and so beautiful varieties of fish.

Nervoustime

Great looking fish Scott. Do you still have your Mystery Wrasse and Longnose Hawkfish? I ask because I see your shrimp in the picture. All of my shrimp were gone after adding the Longnose and Mystery.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thanks Reza! Yes, I do still have those fish and all of my shrimps are accounted for. I have a Cleaner and 2 Fire shrimps. All of my Peppermint shrimps have disappeared though. I had 4 at one time. They were not as big as the three I have now.

framerguy

Ohhhh, that Candy cane looks scrumptious! Awesome new additions, and of course I have to pester Gail for some new stuff now! I mean...Scott got something new for HIS tank..Come on!! (Yeah, like that will work,LOL)

Have you tried the Vodka method for nitrate reduction. You may or may not know but I started it up again about a month ago after discussing it in the forums. At last test my trates were almost undetectable. ~.03

hma

I've been using the AZNO3 which is a sugar and amylase product. What is the dose for Vodka?

... the Vodka Methode one starts with 1ml Vodka of 100Liter (sorry) NET aquarium water and Increases after 5 days in each case on 1ml/100L water to the nitrate values fall. Then one takes back from dosierung something to the worth one again slowly rise, raises again by 2ml and this it was.

hma

yes, from time to time ... is a very save methode when you go very SLOW.
Much better than sugar or any other carbon sources.

BTW ... you, as a dentist, can use Ethanol (40% vol.).... it is the same and much cheaper.

DrHank

Personally I like the 2oz Vodka, 4oz tonic, 4 ice cubes in a glass and sit back, sip and enjoy the tank method. You've got a real prize with that hog. Enjoy.

bluespotjawfish

Just wait til that fox face gets good and drunk! I miss my fox face! So what is the legal swimming drunk limit for a fish?

Sweet newbies! :jumprope:

I can't believe your Spotty doesn't like your Y. Watchman.