David's RSM 130D

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyJ

Congrats on the new 500 David!!! Had no idea that RSM had finally released anything larger then the 250. Really looking forward to following along the build!!!

Wayne23uk

Lee

I am giving my 130D away for free, but someone snapped it up last week after i posted for it on here!

I use Oasis in Salford Manchester. Really good quality and reputation, i get all my stuff from there as a rule including my weekly water change.

Oasis has just won uk marine outlet of the year as well

David Shaw

Here are the uploaded pics as requested for how the turbo floater attaches to the media rack. Sorry for poor quality and low lighting.

Basically one round magnet is glued onto the skimmer and the loose second magnet is put in the top shelf of the media rack.

IMG_0191-2.jpg

IMG_0003-3.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

Reef Scholar

Hi David - me again.

I have my nice new skimmer+media basket. All i need now are those tunze magnets... which MarineAquatics are getting for me on 'Monday.

However - what did you do with the media filtration on the left side of the RSM ? under the RSM circ pumps? Did you leave that in and simply add more filteration media into the media basket ? or did you leave the InTank media basket empty?

Very best, at

David Shaw

Ditch the ceramics completely.

I personally put Chemi Pure Elite in the bottom, Purigen in the middle and white floss in the top. Use any combo of filtration media that works for you, CPE, RowaPhos, Purigen etc. Make sure you always have carbon in the mix somewhere.

David Shaw

Nope nothing. This means now you don;t have the hassles of having to take out the pumps to change media.

All media is fine if you put it into the rack and this makes it much easier to change.

The ceramics are nitrate factory's so best ditched.

When you change the media, that is a good time to remove the slimmer and rack and give the back chambers a god syphon, in my experience it's amazing how much detritus and dirk can gather back there.

David Shaw

Nope still waiting to hear Glenn.

I asked at the LFS yesterday, and they are hoping for their display model to arrive next week and anticipate mine arriving within the same time frame as theirs.

Fingers crossed for next week, but i guess it could be delayed further, i will keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.