IMG_0007-4.jpg

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss109/DavidAShaw/IMG_0006-6.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss109/DavidAShaw/IMG_0009-5.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss109/DavidAShaw/IMG_0009-5.jpg
IMG_0008-5.jpg

IMG_0003-5.jpg

IMG_0002-7.jpg

orieng

Great Scape . Will you be using any additive to hasten the growth of coralline?will love to see some full tank pics if possible. Keep the pictures coming.

David Shaw

No, i won't use additives, i have lots of rock in there with coralline on (hard to tell from the pics i know, as colour came out bad). By full tank you mean the stand as well ?

orieng

Yes. I want to see how the entire tank looks like in someone's home. I am planning to get one 500 for myself but I hear that Red Sea will start marketing in India only from March or April and the Indian Distributor is so slow. I called their office last week and their staff have no idea when they will get the tanks. Till it is available I guess I will have to satisfy my craving in the Internet :).. so let us have some more pics please

orieng

Wow. How cool it looks in the corner of your room. I too have a similar nook where I keep my 250 and plan to keep my future 500. Thanks for keeping my request and I assure you that I have been following your thread from the start and will do so in the future. All the best with your new love and enjoy.

ChrisY

Pardon the pun, but it looks like its going SWIMMINGLY! ;) Great work David. Now I am fighting my mental demons of the three way argument of, could I get an upgrade (hehe my 130 is only a few months old), should I get one and What are you thinking coming from my better half. lol

Chris

David Shaw

Wow. How cool it looks in the corner of your room. I too have a similar nook where I keep my 250 and plan to keep my future 500. Thanks for keeping my request and I assure you that I have been following your thread from the start and will do so in the future. All the best with your new love and enjoy.

Thanks so much. It now doesn't feel as big as it did on day 1, it fits just right into the niche without overpowering the room.

David Shaw

Looks great David. I like your rockscape, very unique. The spires of Shaw!!!

Thanks so much. I wanted to go for an open look with plenty of caves and gaps and with the rock kept away from all sides. I am really happy now with the way it looks. The spires of Shaw, love it!

David Shaw

Pardon the pun, but it looks like its going SWIMMINGLY! ;) Great work David. Now I am fighting my mental demons of the three way argument of, could I get an upgrade (hehe my 130 is only a few months old), should I get one and What are you thinking coming from my better half. lol

Chris

Chris

Well i know it's probably an early upgrade if you have only just got your 130D, but in my opinion is one worth doing when you are ready. In length it is about the size of 2 x 130's side by side, not much bigger than the 250 in length, the difference is in the height which works really well. It is a beautiful piece of furniture.

I have found it supprisingly easier to maintain that the 130D. As it is bigger, the cleaning is less fiddly and quicker and with the auto top up, it kind of runs itself. All i do is a weekly water change and clean as i did before, but now there is no need to do a daily check that the water levels are right via the in tank skimmer gate and daily changing of clogged up floss etc.

This means i can go away for a week without worrying that things would need adjusting. All i would have to do is arrange for the fish to be fed.

GregT

the tanks looking great David and looking forward to seeing it after 6 months. Well Done.
Merry Xmas
Greg