Dave's RSM 500

ausreef

Yes, it's the rainy city ! Irlam's about 20/30 mins from me, and i go to Oasis is Salford for my LFS, which is only 10 mins from there. How did you wangle Irlam to Australia, that is a definite upgrade!

i worked as a diver on the Manchester ship canal,at Irlam and Latchford locks,but that was many years ago and ended up here,Manchester had great clubs and pubs but Sydney (usually) has the weather

David Shaw

Manchester and Sydney could't be any different! wanna swop?

Dave, went in for water, came out with water and £350 worth of coral (and the water). Will add new fish in the NY when the tank has settled in.
Pics to follow soon!

David Shaw

Bet you can hardly wait. I am so glad i went for the upgrade, worth every penny. It's easier to maintain too once you have your settings how you want them. There's more access to be able to clean, and the auto top off means you don't have to fiddle with skimmer gates on a daily basis to keep the water levels correct.

As i did large water changes in the 130D, all i do now is change the same amount as i did before which is 2 cans of water, equating to 10%, so no difference for me there.

You will love it!

David Shaw

LOL I don't. I am happy to pick my 2 cans up from the LFS weekly, saves all the time and mess mixing. I don't really have the time or space for doing al that at home :)

tnwillia

Understood, different subject, how was the documentation you received with the tank. Do you think Red Sea will post everything they have in PDF form in a support section like they did with the RSM250? I've not seen anything on the web site in that direction "yet". Thanks!

David Shaw

I think the PDF will follow. I did receive assembly instructions by PDF from the LFS where i bought mine, there was a hard copy with the tank itself. They have also posted assembly clips online which will be a great help to those yet to set theirs up.

David Shaw

I am sure yours will be assembled quicker than mine was with the help of those videos. I don't envy you thought, my house looked like the titanic at the end of the day.

Heli Dave

Got quite a bit of room at home so planning to do the build with all the packing left in the garage, if it arrives first thing then hopefully most of the mess will be gone by the time the better half gets home from work!

steved13

PREMIUM
Got quite a bit of room at home so planning to do the build with all the packing left in the garage, if it arrives first thing then hopefully most of the mess will be gone by the time the better half gets home from work!

I'm with David Shaw...awful lot of qualifiers in there LOL

David Shaw

+ 1

You have the advantage of the videos to look at, lot's of help and a lot of space so you can get organised and lay things out. We were falling over each other in my lounge.

With all that in mind you will be fine, there is a logical order to the setup and if you follow the videos will be sorted sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed for an early delivery so you can get motoring.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Understood, different subject, how was the documentation you received with the tank. Do you think Red Sea will post everything they have in PDF form in a support section like they did with the RSM250? I've not seen anything on the web site in that direction "yet". Thanks!

Hi Tom, We are still working very hard on the new website, when it arrives you will have all the possible information available on the S series and Red Sea products, I'll try and get an update of when it will be available.

tnwillia

Thanks Kev. I'm sure you know just how much the RSM 250 PDFs in the support/download have helped many many many people. I'm looking forward to the same with the "S" series. Thanks!